Results - Rocket Std, Maddogs, Staintune cat elim, Ramair and ECU tune

ChrisACT

Supercharged
Ride
2006 Rocket III Special Edition
Well, perhaps this is nothing new here. It seems these mods are common.

But I should say that I'm well happy with them.

So far in the last 3 weeks since buying my used 2006 Rocket Special Edition I've discovered it came with:
  • Maddog pipes
  • Staintune cat eliminator
  • K&N under seat air filter
  • standard 20226 ECU map

... and I've done the following to it:
  • Touring Seat (quite a big improvement in comfort)
  • Ramair
  • HansO tune
There are faster bikes out there and certainly faster Rockets but this thing, to me, is a monster.

I love it. I've already gotten pretty used to the foot boards and now that I've got the tyre pressures right, it even goes where I point it.

It just sounds mega too. Hanso's tune while unleashing the beast within, also cured the decel popping. It just growls menacingly on decel now. Perfect.

I'd kinda like to put it on a dyno, just out of curiosity but I already know how much power it has ... oodles. Going by what most say here, it's probably around 140-150 at the wheel with these mods.

A clock and a set of foot boards for the pillion is all I've got left on order but once the credit card has cooled down, some suspension work will begin.

Thanks to @Ishrub and @HansO for being very helpful and generous indeed.

Last edited:
What the #ell do you want a clock for.

If your on the Rocket you are always traveling at warp speed. And never late for anything.
:cool::cool:

Proof.

That when I twist the throttle it actually does spin the world backwards and we go back in time.

Plus, I live about 1/2 a mile from where I work. So riding to work would be stupid, unless I go for a "ride". Don't know where I'm going, I just go. So in order to get to work on time, it would be nice to know what time to stop going for a "ride" and actually head for work.

Last edited:
Yeah I have been thinking about adding a clock as hard to tell the time on the wrist watch at hi speed could be bloody dangerous too.

:roll::roll:

You could have checked your multiple ebay sources that pop up. As they go for as little as $6 or so with free postage in silver or Black cases with white or black faces. There are also 2 or3 different mounting versions including a head stem bolt version.

I first posted them here a couple of years ago and have a couple on my bikes.

Indeed they do, but I wanted mine by the weekend so I got it from an Australian source instead of waiting for it to be shipped from Hong Kong or China.

An extra $10 is hardly worth complaining about to support a local distributor and get it in 3 days instead of 3 weeks (if you're lucky).

I find you've also gotta be careful on eBay too. Some of the Chinese sellers claim to be in Australia and also claim they'll get it to you within the week. Then you still end up waiting weeks and it arrives with a Chinese postmark on the packaging.

Sneaky buggers. Hopefully this isn't one of those times.

Last edited:
Indeed they do, but I wanted mine by the weekend so I got it from an Australian source instead of waiting for it to be shipped from Hong Kong or China.

An extra $10 is hardly worth complaining about to support a local distributor and get it in 3 days instead of 3 weeks (if you're lucky).

I find you've also gotta be careful on eBay too. Some of the Chinese sellers claim to be in Australia and also claim they'll get it to you within the week. Then you still end up waiting weeks and it arrives with a Chinese postmark on the packaging.

Sneaky buggers. Hopefully this isn't one of those times.

Yep happens here to on our Trademe site, there are many adds that are selling product you can find that are EXACTLY the same add as on AliExpress but, (drumroll)... twice the price. The giveaway is the 2 week delivery they advertise, if I see that I check AE first.

Oh well, so much for my optimism.

Seller is in Hong Kong. The clock was due to arrive 5 days ago but the tracking shows it isn't even in the country yet.

On the bright side, I rattled the seller's cage so they've refunded my money and told me to keep the clock as a gift.

Then I reported them to eBay anyway ... just because I hate liars.

Be lucky if it gets here in the next 2 weeks though. Probably won't even work.

Last edited:
Have heard of stuff not arriving here in Nz for 5 weeks people emailing getting a refund and stuff turns up.

Was talking to a bloke who ordered a fairing kit for a hyabusa complete with tank cover.
Arrived with out the tank cover emailed and complaned so they sent the whole order again. He got a sweet deal there.

Back