Oil tank embellisher?

What does your oil tank embellisher say?

• Total voters
20190702_165730.jpg

Picked this up on eBay earlier this year.

I guess I'll will jump in here since there has recently been some discussion about oil tank embellishers on the internet as well as at RAA X. I have made several of these in years past and made them in several ways. Here is mine by the way:

What has worked best for me is a piece of 3/16" (about 5mm) ABS plastic with self adhesive "laser foil" engraved with the image of your choice. I have had mine on for several years with no issues. The plastic back allows the embellisher to easily conform to the curve of the oil tank.
I have only done black that engraves leaving a brushed aluminum look, but I will check and see what other options are available.

I will not be able to start on these until the end of May as I have another project going at present. I will also be offering some neoprene tank pads that can also be engraved with the image of your choice.

I will start another thread titled "Oil Tank Embellishers/Tank Pads" to gauge interest.

Thanks,

Lonnie

Yo Lonnie, long time my friend.

I think I may have an early edition, shown here when it's been stripped of the CF ready for a track day

Looks good, please remove the oil sticker:eek: was it a one-off or mass-produced?

Yeah I keep meaning to pull the sticker and just haven't. Not sure why. I don't think the embellisher was a one-off; there's a German company (b-partsdesign on eBay) that makes these and other random bits. I also picked up an engraved aluminum infill plate from them to replace the plastic one on the right-hand side of the bike.

Yeah I keep meaning to pull the sticker and just haven't. Not sure why. I don't think the embellisher was a one-off; there's a German company (b-partsdesign on eBay) that makes these and other random bits. I also picked up an engraved aluminum infill plate from them to replace the plastic one on the right-hand side of the bike.
They also do a 140 Cubic Inch version but you may have to request it.

↑@420ponies
I had gotten mine from Frank Braun bike-parts-design in Germany . I believe they still make them. Quality part. If you look in images on google (140cu.in. embellisher for triumph Rocket) you will see picture of it on my bike(a little grainy) but you get the idea... It took a while to get it here, but it was worth the wait!!

I found the site, www.BPD.bike. in the search box,put in " triumph" .It will show all the stuff for Triumph's. I asked them to send a email to me if they still make the embellisher.

It takes a bit more Googling than that but here is the source your refer to that many of us have bought items from their eBay site.
They are not listing it currently
http://www.bikes-parts-design.com/e...chString=Rocket&OrderBy=ListPrice&OrderDesc=0

@420ponies photo of the German version
Link Removed

Last edited:
mine currently has the FI one but I'm getting a custom made one with my last name in the triumph style
Hey Trip, didn't they have a special 'X' one from Triumph already?;):p:D

For the money the 2015 Ltd Edition 'Rocket X' cost it should have had one and some parts were only available to owners with correct VIN. @sonny will know.

Back