Triumph Magnetic tank bag ?

Anyone having the experience of the magnetic tank bag for the 2020 R3 ?
Would it scratch the tank painting ?
Where do the security strap go (just in the front and around the steering column) ?
Secure enough (at reasonable speed) ?
Else ?

1589452525247.png
I have used it last weekend; it's my first magnetic tank bag of my motorbiking life. Honestly speaking, magnets stick well, I am surprised, but I have seen some very little thin lines on top of the tank on monday. There is a strap with a hook in front of the bag and a T shaped little strap comes within the bag, I think that this little one is supposed to be fixed on the bolts of the metal latch on the front of the tank. I couldn't do it, so asked the dealer to learn it from Triumph. The magnets are strong, but I put my camera and a lens in it and when over 130-140 the bag moves a lot, so a strap can make my mind think about a thing less.

I have used it last weekend; it's my first magnetic tank bag of my motorbiking life. Honestly speaking, magnets stick well, I am surprised, but I have seen some very little thin lines on top of the tank on monday. There is a strap with a hook in front of the bag and a T shaped little strap comes within the bag, I think that this little one is supposed to be fixed on the bolts of the metal latch on the front of the tank. I couldn't do it, so asked the dealer to learn it from Triumph. The magnets are strong, but I put my camera and a lens in it and when over 130-140 the bag moves a lot, so a strap can make my mind think about a thing less.
Very interesting. Thank you 👍

Very interesting. Thank you 👍
This is the one I have found in my tank bag; I assume -I hope- that it will be connected somewhere to stay always.

Attachments

• 20201019_112512.jpg
    20201019_112512.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 16
Thank you.
Once this strap on, do you think it needs to be removed each time you put gas in the tank ?

Thank you.
Once this strap on, do you think it needs to be removed each time you put gas in the tank ?
No; I think it will stay there and when I use the tank bag, connect the tankbag to it. This piece has nothing to damage the tank or bike, the plastic clasp is on the tankbag itself, so I believe that it can be left. However even the dealer was surprised to see this piece, I think that they don't know where to fix it either. :))))

ok thank you :) I'll probably buy one so that I can change the look of my R according to my mood and volume need.

I believe, and once I see it in real, that I'll enjoy this tank bag for its practicality as much as the look it gives to the R3. Today I believe it'd be even more for the look bag/R3.

Another + is that no need indeed to remove it when filling the tank as it looks obvious on the picture (unless you tell otherwise) :) :

1604307666223.png

ok thank you :) I'll probably buy one so that I can change the look of my R according to my mood and volume need.

I believe, and once I see it in real, that I'll enjoy this tank bag for its practicality as much as the look it gives to the R3. Today I believe it'd be even more for the look bag/R3.

Another + is that no need indeed to remove it when filling the tank as it looks obvious on the picture (unless you tell otherwise) :) :

1604307666223.png
I think you need, if not totally shift the bag other side, but tankbag doesn't clear the cap totally

ah ok, I'll definitively need to see it on site before buying it but who can tell when given the circumstances ("fortunately" we are neither in spring nor summer).

ah ok, I'll definitively need to see it on site before buying it but who can tell when given the circumstances ("fortunately" we are neither in spring nor summer).
I will send you a photo as soon as I go next to the motorbike

Back