Triumph Magnetic tank bag ?

Thanks to "F6C", I have discovered the Triumph parts instructions site :thumbsup:

You can find there also how to install the "front mounting harness". I understand now why the Triumph main site reports 18 minutes needed to install the tank bag.

Get the part number from the main site e.g. for the bag : part nbr A9518171 (you find it there : Accessorise your ride)

Then go to the Triumph parts instructions site : Triumph Instructions.com
then type in the part number (top left of the screen "Part No."), click "Search" and select your language and it'll result in the PDF (6 pages) e.g. in English : https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9518171-US.pdf

When I look at the PDF, it looks like that you don't have to remove the bag to put gas :)

Last edited:
Thanks to "F6C", I have discovered the Triumph parts instructions site :thumbsup:

You can find there also how to install the "front mounting harness". I understand now why the Triumph main site reports 18 minutes needed to install the tank bag.

Get the part number from the main site e.g. for the bag : part nbr A9518171 (you find it there : Accessorise your ride)

Then go to the Triumph parts instructions site : Triumph Instructions.com
then type in the part number (top left of the screen "Part No."), click "Search" and select your language and it'll result in the PDF (6 pages) e.g. in English : https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9518171-US.pdf

When I look at the PDF, it looks like that you don't have to remove the bag to put gas :)
Yes you do need to remove the bag for filling gas. I know, because i have a 2022 Rocket 3 GT and the original tank bag mounted.

Yes you do need to remove the bag for filling gas. I know, because i have a 2022 Rocket 3 GT and the original tank bag mounted.
I confirm that I do not need to remove it (even with the front mounting harness) when filling gas. In the "worst" case, I hardly push it a little bit on the side. :)

I confirm that I do not need to remove it (even with the front mounting harness) when filling gas. In the "worst" case, I hardly push it a little bit on the side. :)
Picture please?

Does not the magnets scratch the tank when you drag the tank bag to the side over time? Not an ideal solution i think.

Last edited:
Back