I did exactly what you are doing in respect to the rear shocks and fork lowering kit. Dropped the height an inch and a half. Really pleased with the result. Mine wasn't a question of getting on and off the bike like you, but just wanted my feet more planted at stop signs/stop lights, gas station , parking lot situations.

Be careful in the turns it is kind of spooky in the turns when it drags

Well shocks were bought and mounted and problem was almost solved but I have a huge problem with my hip and for how much I hate it I cannot fix it.
Result is the bike is for sale....if anyone is interested.
I'm beyond mad but can't help it
If you have questions please let me know

Well shocks were bought and mounted and problem was almost solved but I have a huge problem with my hip and for how much I hate it I cannot fix it.
Result is the bike is for sale....if anyone is interested.
I'm beyond mad but can't help it
If you have questions please let me know
Listing says Classic but shows a Touring

Some have put shorter shocks on the rear and slid the fork tubes up through the triple trees a little. This however will affect your cornering clearance. If you are not peg scraping on the bends it might be a suitable solution. Another option would be to stand on the floorboard to get on.
I also stand on the floorboard from time to time when it has been a long day riding and hefting the old leg up and over is just too tiresome.... be careful counter weighing going over though.... do not want the old girl going over also....

Back