I have some Ikon shocks that will lower the rear by 3 inches. Bought them to put on my Roadster but decided it was a little too low for me. I bought them used but they are in great shape and come with the adjusting tool. I could let them go for $250. plus shipping.
The specifications for the Touring model say that it has 4.1 inches of travel in the rear suspension. If you lower it by 3 inches that leaves just over one inch of total travel before it bottoms out.
Or maybe I'm missing something.

I would think your issue is more technique than seat height. Lowering the back alone will compromise the handling because it changes the rake angle of the forks. The longer the angle the slower turn in occurs. You should be able to mount the bike by stepping on the foot board as a 'step stool' to swing your leg over (either side). The kickstand can hold you and the bike no problem. I've included a short video about tall bikes and short riders. When I swapped my rear shock to a 12.5" and changed the rear tire to the dark side, my Rocket was a LOT taller in the back. That made turn in a lot faster since it shortened fork rake angle, but made getting on the bike a bigger challenge and sitting at stop lights a one foot affair. You really don't need lower, you only need a new mounting technique that works best for you.

I'm trying to go for 11.5 now so 1 inch less than stock.....we'll see....

Ok so I'll keep it short (sorta)
I have no idea for how many years I wanted this bike. I like the old look so a new one was out of the question (I'm sorry but it does look like a ducati) Anyway I'm not here to discuss this.
I found one (used) at a dealer not too far from my place and I went to test it. I was sold.
Unfortunately the guy wouldn't take my Harley back so no deal.
2 years after (august last year) I sold the HD and started looking. Found my dream bike in Ohio and I tried to get there to test it but TWO snow storms (one in CT and one the following week in OH) stopped me. I had the bike shipped to my place.
Took a while but then it was finally in my garage.
Problem. I cannot lift my leg enough to sit on the "**** thing" (panic)
Ok, found a guy in NH and sent him my seat to "work the problem" . He did quite a good job, although it took me 5 months to have the seat back.
Nope.
Still can't get on.
So here's the question.
I've heard of lowering kits and stuff....which one would you recommend? I saw some 444 progressive shocks (11,5 heavy duty) at almost 800$ here

What would you suggest? Would that work? Should I consider also change rear tire ( I saw a couple of old posts here about it) and what about the front?

All your help is GREATLY appreciated!!
Thanks
get on the bike as you would a horse by stepping up on the foot peg on the left side and then swing your right leg over the bike! EASY!

Lowers the bike 35mm about an inch and is for classic and touring

May I get personal and ask your height? We had my wife's bike lowered for her (Fat Boy and she's 5'2") and I found out real quick if you are any type of aggressive in the corners the floorboards bottom out. ...and would you believe HD doesn't put on replaceable rub bars??!?? I digress, with normal or tennis shoes (which I would never ride with but use to move around the garage) I find her a bit too high (I'm 5'10); at least for my comfort... but with my military issued combat boots... no issues. It does sound like you've already adjusted the seat (which is good). My Triumph upgraded seat seemed a bit more narrow and thus easier to mount/dismount and handle.
-MIG

Last edited:
May I get personal and ask your height? We had my wife's bike lowered for her (Fat Boy and she's 5'2") and I found out real quick if you are any type of aggressive in the corners the floorboards bottom out. ...and would you believe HD doesn't put on replaceable rub bars??!?? I digress, with normal or tennis shoes (which I would never ride with but use to move around the garage) I find her a bit too high (I'm 5'1o); at least for my comfort... but with my military issued combat boots... no issues. It does sound like you've already adjusted the seat (which is good). My Triumph upgraded seat seemed a bit more narrow and thus easier to mount/dismount and handle.
-MIG
Hey Mig. I'm 6ft and 330lbs (yeah a TAD overweight)

Hey Mig. I'm 6ft and 330lbs (yeah a TAD overweight)
DUDE! You've got this!!! It will just take technique. Seems the footboard idea from the left side is the ticket. If installed, take off the passenger backrest as you work it out. If you do go the lowering route, I'd go with @CrzystghndKC 's recommendation.
-MIG

Lowers the bike 35mm about an inch and is for classic and touri
Looks good

DUDE! You've got this!!! It will just take technique. Seems the footboard idea from the left side is the ticket. If installed, take off the passenger backrest as you work it out. If you do go the lowering route, I'd go with @CrzystghndKC 's recommendation.
-MIG
I think I tried that but the issue is not being able to touch ground once I'm on...at some point I will have to stop I guess :) I'll try again and then yeah @CrzystghndKC shocks seems a good idea.

Back