loralex

.020 Over
Ride
2013 Triumph Rocket III Touring
Ok so I'll keep it short (sorta)
I have no idea for how many years I wanted this bike. I like the old look so a new one was out of the question (I'm sorry but it does look like a ducati) Anyway I'm not here to discuss this.
I found one (used) at a dealer not too far from my place and I went to test it. I was sold.
Unfortunately the guy wouldn't take my Harley back so no deal.
2 years after (august last year) I sold the HD and started looking. Found my dream bike in Ohio and I tried to get there to test it but TWO snow storms (one in CT and one the following week in OH) stopped me. I had the bike shipped to my place.
Took a while but then it was finally in my garage.
Problem. I cannot lift my leg enough to sit on the "**** thing" (panic)
Ok, found a guy in NH and sent him my seat to "work the problem" . He did quite a good job, although it took me 5 months to have the seat back.
Nope.
Still can't get on.
So here's the question.
I've heard of lowering kits and stuff....which one would you recommend? I saw some 444 progressive shocks (11,5 heavy duty) at almost 800$ here

What would you suggest? Would that work? Should I consider also change rear tire ( I saw a couple of old posts here about it) and what about the front?

All your help is GREATLY appreciated!!
Thanks

Some have put shorter shocks on the rear and slid the fork tubes up through the triple trees a little. This however will affect your cornering clearance. If you are not peg scraping on the bends it might be a suitable solution. Another option would be to stand on the floorboard to get on.

I have some Ikon shocks that will lower the rear by 3 inches. Bought them to put on my Roadster but decided it was a little too low for me. I bought them used but they are in great shape and come with the adjusting tool. I could let them go for $250. plus shipping.

I have some Ikon shocks that will lower the rear by 3 inches. Bought them to put on my Roadster but decided it was a little too low for me. I bought them used but they are in great shape and come with the adjusting tool. I could let them go for $250. plus shipping.
I doubt they would fit on a 2013 Triumph Rocket 3 touring...if they're specific for the roadster....correct?

Ikon shocks are made in Australia and are fully serviceable by Ikon in Australia or USA. These do not have dust boots but you can add those as an accessory. I can provide the model # and more specific info if your interested.

Ikon shocks are made in Australia and are fully serviceable by Ikon in Australia or USA. These do not have dust boots but you can add those as an accessory. I can provide the model # and more specific info if your interested.
Absolutely, go ahead. what's the model?

Last edited:
I'm going off to work and I'll have to pull them out of the shed when I get back this afternoon. So stay tuned.

I would think your issue is more technique than seat height. Lowering the back alone will compromise the handling because it changes the rake angle of the forks. The longer the angle the slower turn in occurs. You should be able to mount the bike by stepping on the foot board as a 'step stool' to swing your leg over (either side). The kickstand can hold you and the bike no problem. I've included a short video about tall bikes and short riders. When I swapped my rear shock to a 12.5" and changed the rear tire to the dark side, my Rocket was a LOT taller in the back. That made turn in a lot faster since it shortened fork rake angle, but made getting on the bike a bigger challenge and sitting at stop lights a one foot affair. You really don't need lower, you only need a new mounting technique that works best for you.

Back