Installed Pauls header (with pics)

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
Several days ago I got the chance to install a @Paul Bryant header. It's done in chrome. Yesterday I installed a tune reccommended by Clavinger, Headers and ramair 226. Did the 12 minute tune and reset adaptives, so she was ready to rock and roll. The other parts of my set up is RamAir and decatted stockers.

I let it cool after the 12 min tune and the header nuts, all needed a 1/4 turn or so. At this point in the day, it was pretty cool outside, so I waited till today to take her out.

Yes it did warm up to 60f, wooppee. The change in performance is quite noticeable, pulled really strong, much stronger than the stock header system.

I have a rather rich target AF in the autotune at this point, having said that, she really sucked down the gas. Much more so than than the stock header and stock mufflers. Not worried about it, just an observation. Want to go to tune by gear in the future, have contacted @barbagris to see how see set the gears up. Apparently there are 2 methods, one involves a dyno and the other way is to contact dynojet for the parameters for our bikes.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with the header and its performance.. can't wait for my new PB mufflers:D

The bad news is that I'm getting shoulder surgery on the 20th and will be out of commission for at least 6 weeks.:( Oh well it needs to be done, I could feel the strain in my ride today.

So on to the pics:thumbsup:

Hoopla

20190512_142407.jpg
20190512_142445.jpg
20190512_142336.jpg

Several days ago I got the chance to install a @Paul Bryant header. It's done in chrome. Yesterday I installed a tune reccommended by Clavinger, Headers and ramair 226. Did the 12 minute tune and reset adaptives, so she was ready to rock and roll. The other parts of my set up is RamAir and decatted stockers.

I let it cool after the 12 min tune and the header nuts, all needed a 1/4 turn or so. At this point in the day, it was pretty cool outside, so I waited till today to take her out.

Yes it did warm up to 60f, wooppee. The change in performance is quite noticeable, pulled really strong, much stronger than the stock header system.

I have a rather rich target AF in the autotune at this point, having said that, she really sucked down the gas. Much more so than than the stock header and stock mufflers. Not worried about it, just an observation. Want to go to tune by gear in the future, have contacted @barbagris to see how see set the gears up. Apparently there are 2 methods, one involves a dyno and the other way is to contact dynojet for the parameters for our bikes.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with the header and its performance.. can't wait for my new PB mufflers:D

The bad news is that I'm getting shoulder surgery on the 20th and will be out of commission for at least 6 weeks.:( Oh well it needs to be done, I could feel the strain in my ride today.

So on to the pics:thumbsup:

Hoopla

20190512_142407.jpg
20190512_142445.jpg
20190512_142336.jpg
Looks nice, I feel for ya on the surgery hope all goes well. If your not getting extra bits installed the 6 weeks will go fast. Listen to the rehab people don't over do it. I've been under for upgrades and repairs 4 times. And now when I'm dead the wifey will be able to collect on the specialized scrap metal :) good luck!!!

Bob, you say you have this set up rich, I would say that looking at the headers you have this set lean.
Either that or the tune is way off.

Remember that this chrome header has the www.hpcoatings.co.nz Ceramic heat barrier coating inside so to see this much chrome dis-colouration, there's got to be a lot of heat there.

Bob, you say you have this set up rich, I would say that looking at the headers you have this set lean.
Either that or the tune is way off.

Remember that this chrome header has the www.hpcoatings.co.nz Ceramic heat barrier coating inside so to see this much chrome dis-colouration, there's got to be a lot of heat there.
The tune is a ****ing joke. Everybody brags about the folks up north but guess again. Guy has no clue how to tune. Runs F tune only and runs like ****. Tired of laying low and not saying nothing. Don't give a rats ass who i piss of by my comments. Go ahead and kick me off the website. The folks in Washington could not tune a fish much less a rocket. ****ing joke.

Back