Heated grips?

The two wires that connect the grip to the wiring harness are covered by heat shrink up to the last 6mm inside the grip.
My observation was that the wires flex quite a bit at this point when the grip is rotated. I used a couple of drops of super glue to support and stiffen the wires before covering them with another layer of heat shrink. I also opened up the slot in the handlebar to provide plenty of clearance. All working fine so far.
Which all goes to say why the f*ck spend 3 times as much for a dodgy setup when you can get a perfect Oxford one.

Well I guess it’s because Hanso and I spent an hour trying to fit the Oxfords to my roadster and found the right hand switch block had to be filed oversized to accept the larger throttle cable grip dia so in my case it was easier to fit oem and also retain the oem bar ends.

Well I guess it’s because Hanso and I spent an hour trying to fit the Oxfords to my roadster and found the right hand switch block had to be filed oversized to accept the larger throttle cable grip dia so in my case it was easier to fit oem and also retain the oem bar ends.

I must admit I had mine fitted at the Triumph Dealer for 30min labour and they chucked in the used OEM throttle tube free and did not say they had any issues at all. ;)

You can also remove the Oxford Chrome or Black end caps to use OEM or aftermarket bar ends.

I did leave out the bit where I cut 1” off each end of the bars and fitted new threaded plugs and cut out the new cutaways and drilled new cable access holes just to have a neater look.
Now the bars feel nice and comfy when I want to drop the elbows in fast corners. :cool::notworthy:

It’s the little things that count :):)

I have the OEM heated grips. Work well and I'm glad they hold up compared to the Tourig sets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the HippoHands back on yesterday and plugged in today. Tomorrow morning may be a bit cooler somewhere in the teens the weather guessers say...

that's interesting, I fit the Oxford heated grips to my roadster and it was such a simple process. Slipped the old grips off, slid the new ones on with the supplied glue and re-fit the standard bar end weights. I would use and recommend these again

Looks like the OEM version is unreliable. I already have replaced right one and one of my friends got right grip broken the same place I had. My gips last for about 10K miles. Right grip of my friend failed after 5000 miles only... The same place on both grips..

Attachments

• IMG_7847.jpg
    IMG_7847.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 9
Back