Heated grips?

Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
Went from 31f to 98f in a few hours and a few miles today, thats fall in Arizona, lol. Well layers can take care of the rest of the body but the hands are a different matter. So I have decided to put a set of heated grips on the 2015 R3T. The Triumph website is acting goofy but I did find some grips that fit the Roadster and the Classic but not the Touring. Would the same grips fit all models? What is the correct part # for my application? And does anyone have another brand they recommend?

Get Oxford Cruiser 1" HOT grips best prices I have found were in Poland on eBay and they send for free international. I got a set for US$80 and they are brilliant with 5 stage digital controller that attaches and fits great.

I should add the factory OEM ones have a terrible reputation for failure and are ridiculously priced.

Last edited:
Moving back to our other house in Guyra at the end of the year I'll certainly be getting another set of Oxfords.

Don't buy Triumph heated grips. I've seen to many problems with them by members on here. Rainman had to replace the throttle grip numerous times.

I was going to purchase some type of heated grip but never did. Bought some ATV bar end muffs for like $30 and all is well. I live in SC so the temps don't get very frigid and stay that way...but my hands do get cold. The muffs made a world of difference. Instead of having thick gloves on I can just use my regular summer riding gloves.

Might look funny but frick it. Had some folks that was beside me at a red light point at the muffs and gave me a thumbs up...lol

Having heated grips however is good to have. You can cut them on during the summer to promote circulation in your hands then switch them off. What I've read... never really understood that. Maybe that helps for cramping. I guess that would be the same during the winter.

Heated gloves seems to me would be bulky with wires one would have to contend with. I guess one would get used to it however and not think nothing about it. I just dislike thick type gloves because my hands are small and the grips on these bikes are large. Hard for me to get a good grip on the controls another words. I have some winter riding gloves non heated and try not to use them if I can help it.

I’ve bought both but fitted triumph grips because I wanted the same diameter grip as standard and wiring to be hidden within the handlebar. The Oxford grips have a slightly larger diameter (not much) that is exaggerated by my gloves and has external wiring that is not as neat. The Oxford has a more variable control that looks nicer imho than the bulky triumph clamp and toggle switch control arrangement. I relocated the toggle switch to the left side cover plate behind the engine.

The roadster bars have slots and cut outs in the ends to acccept the internal wiring, you would have to check the touring bars have these.

I found that the wiring doubled insulation on the cable inside the triumph grip stops early and leaves the small wires that flex unsupported so I coated this spot with super glue to reduce the risk of breaking.

Everything has been working ok since installation 5 months ago.

I've nothing but bad things about the Triumph heated grips; even my dealer say to get after market.

I ride year round in Virginia and use the HippoHands and heated gloves for now. But if it gets much colder, I too will get heated after market grips. My original grips are just about worn out anyway...

Back