I've had the OEM heated grips on my 2012 Roadster from day 1. Over 60k with no issues. You do need to ensure there is a bit of freeplay in the cables where they attach to the grip to prevent fatigue failures. Since I installed the grips, made sure there were no sharp edges and wire strains where the wiring entered the handlebars. Seems to have worked.

Liking the Oxford grips on my Roadster. The throttle tube that came with it binded on the Roaster setup though. I ended up having to strip the Triumph heated grip off the the inner throttle tube and use that with the Oxford grip.
Just FYI
We got Oxford heated grips but just getting round to fitting them now to the Chariot . My son had a look at it but wasn't that clear on the instructions , especially the bit about the throttle tube . Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers
Kenny

yOU NEED A STOCK TUBE FROM A rOCKET rh GRIP. gET ONE FROM WRECKERSOR YOUR OLD GRIPS AND CUT OFF RUBBER FROM TUBE AND FIT INSIDE THE hOT gRIPS rHs
Many thanks will look for a spare tube from breaker . My son didn't fancy cutting the rubber from my own grip in case something went wrong
Cheers
Kenny

Many thanks will look for a spare tube from breaker . My son didn't fancy cutting the rubber from my own grip in case something went wrong
Cheers
Kenny
Wouldn't want you to blame me, but it really was pretty easy. I just took a razor knife and slit the original, peeled it off, and slid on the new. You're not going to hurt that hard plastic inner tube.

Back