Heated grips closeout!

DMW2lls

Standard Bore
Ride
08 Rocket 3 Touring
I've had the Triumph heated grips on mine since I took delivery in 08. I ride as long as there's no ice or salt on the roads, so I really appreciate them. It seems as if the Throttle has a 5 year life span on my bike as I had a replacement break a few months ago. It's the 2nd time its broke where the tabs are for the lead beads of the cables.
Anyway I got to my dealer to order just the heated throttle grip. $140 USD....Oh well, I've got to have it, right? Wait a minute, whats that? They're closing out the complete grip kits? For $78? I'll take 2 please.
So I've got 2 kits on order, part #A9638027. Haven't got them yet, but I just looked it up and the diagram shows both grips, the wiring, relay, and the switch.
If you want to have a replacement on hand for when yours goes bad, or were thinking you wanted to try them out, I'd suggest you get yourself to your dealer soon before they're gone.

Why's that?
They are all different with minor wiring harness plug or operation and I believe later versions were improved due to regular breakage of the wires where they joined the hand grip through bad design aided by possibly incorrect install.

I sold a New Old Stock 1st series '04-'05 one to @ozrider for Au$100 and he was happy as it would only require a tiny plug change to fit his Roadster. No complaints so I expect it worked for him.

I do know of some discounted OEM ones downunder for later R3s though still around the $200 range. They used to be around $400 down here and I am not too surprised they have old stock lying around.

I have the Oxford 1" Cruiser ones which fit ALL Rockets as they have generic aftermarket wiring direcxt to battery and their own controls etc. They are great with the 5 step digital control pad, not the earlier ugly dial version. I got mine from Poland on eBay with Free Shipping to Australia for US$80 a year or more ago and it seemed at the time lots of discounted OXFORD branded gear was for sale from Polish sellers on eBays worldwide.
Maybe they had/have a factory there and the locals walked away with stock in their lunchboxes. ;):eek::D

Of course you could just switch to more reliable grips. Like you (and others here) I ride most of the year, and I've had both Avons (good) and Oxford (good and inexpensive).
Better still Paul. Live where it's warm. :p - Even with my thin Rum infused Caribbean blood a set of decent bar muffs is enough. I think it was @idk who rode year round in unlined summer gloves inside muffs. My gloves are all lined - by way of Kevlar (etc).

What do you get in the kit. I just checked Bike Bandit and it gives the above price but says normal retail is $78.

I drilled down a bit and it says for Rocket Touring 2011 and up. Mine's an 09 so it appears it won't fit.

I just tried (last week) to order the heated grips subharness (A9930168 (SUB HARNESS, HEATED GRIPS)) and realy so I could plug in under the tank to wire my Oxfords, but was told the subharness is no longer available. Not a big deal, I can cut and splice, just thought it would be neat to plug into their connector since it was already there.

Back