H4 Headlight Relay Kit

I have the Gi Pro installed so far. What other electrical accessories may I be looking at installing in the future? Can't think of any off the top of my head. I was also going to order the Powerlet Auxilliary Plug to plug my heated gear in so don't have to worry about that. If there are some accessories I haven't thought of I'll go with the PC8. Otherwise I'll stick with the simpler and cheaper install and just get the relay kit.

think of your GPS, your IPHONE, your heated VEST ,heated grips ,to name just a few and if you want an easy battery charging port that makes it 4 extras and the PC8 will take care of it all with one or two unswitched connectors (can't remember) and all the others switched.
amen..

Even a 2008 will benefit from the H4 kit. Plus Jim has a Rocket specific kit configured on his site that makes it really simple.

I also installed the PC8 since I have some Wallymart driving lights, an EB power socket (in the original ignition switch location), a sat radio and powered speakers. The PC8 makes the wiring simple.

If you have a Stebel horn, do not run it through the PC8. Leave it connected directly to the battery.

I have the Gi Pro installed so far. What other electrical accessories may I be looking at installing in the future? Can't think of any off the top of my head. I was also going to order the Powerlet Auxilliary Plug to plug my heated gear in so don't have to worry about that. If there are some accessories I haven't thought of I'll go with the PC8. Otherwise I'll stick with the simpler and cheaper install and just get the relay kit.

GPS, radar detector, laser jammers :D

Gentlemen, based on those emphatic responses - PC8 it is.

Last question - if I get the relay that has the switch function - which switch did you folks buy and where did you install it? I looked at the Eastern Beaver site and was going to go with the red switch that comes with the black housing and mounts on the handlebars. I'm assuming the R3 bars are 7/8" or 1" as per the switch specs. This switch wouldn't really fit snug with the grips on the R3. Does it look awkward at all kind of floating on the handlebars? Thanks!

Gentlemen, based on those emphatic responses - PC8 it is.

Last question - if I get the relay that has the switch function - which switch did you folks buy and where did you install it? I looked at the Eastern Beaver site and was going to go with the red switch that comes with the black housing and mounts on the handlebars. I'm assuming the R3 bars are 7/8" or 1" as per the switch specs. This switch wouldn't really fit snug with the grips on the R3. Does it look awkward at all kind of floating on the handlebars? Thanks!

take a look at the photo of " my modest mod "you will see the left side of the bike with the black pooping dog right,
behind the the panel is a red switch kind of hidden that is where I placed the headlight switch. a $ 3.00 switch from automotive supply store is connected to the pc8 via the LONG wire H4 relay . the handlebar is already too crowded for that switch and I use it only twice when I ride "on" after start and "off" before I turn the ignition off

Sorry - I lied. One more question.

Do I get the PC 8 with 30A Relay Kit, 30A Short Relay Kit or 50A Relay Kit?

It depends on where you intend to install the PC8. I installed mine in the space behind the battery and in front of the rear fender so the Short Relay kit works for me. I'm not sure that I would put it there again now that I have the empty airbox available. However, it is easy to access now and works great.

Unless you plan on installing some really heavy draw equipment, the 30A relays should be fine.

JC - be sure that your gear fits the Powerlet socket. It (and the Triumph socket) is the smaller DIN socket not a standard cigarette lighter

Back