Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

Update: Purchased a stronger charger, even though it was just by a couple days there was an update to the app version, and tried again. Successful, first try! Let it run for the 15 minutes for adaptation and took her for a quick spin. All I can say is Holy S*^t!! Seat of the pants say's there's more power everywhere! gave her full throttle in second and the front end got light and the traction control light went nuts! Thank you all for the help and Penner, you sir are a saint!

images.jpg

That is awesome! Unfortunately for me, my experience with the DNK tune was quite the opposite of yours. But it was also a different tune, though; 31018 (all markets except SA and some others) as opposed to your 31019 (US and Canada). I am convinced they fumbled something on mine. When I started asking questions and suggested that they recheck and then send me the tune again, DNK only responded with snotty one-liner replies. When I objected to their replies' tone and suggested that we work together to sort it, they refunded me.

So, DougL suggested that I load Penner's tune - the subject of this thread. Again, the 31018 version in my case. My 4ss-dyno was finally very pleased with that, but I had earlier noticed a dip of sorts in the graphical displays of ETV3 and ETV2 - Penner might well have had good reason for those. I thought I would tweak them a bit to 'straighten things out' and, while I was there, decided to fiddle ETV3 some more even (-:

evt3.png

evt2.png

I loaded several iterations over the next couple of weeks, including two that overcooked things to the point of being completely hairy. This is my final 'improvised' version - the main difference lies in the 29-73% throttle position range. I ride with traction control enabled now and will still for a while. And even with that, it will easily break traction momentarily when engaging 2nd and 3rd, also exiting corners mind. I am convinced that it will power wheelie in first, but I have not got the b4lls for that just yet*. It maxes out against the hard speed limit on one of my favourite roads with an incline: both directions, uphill and downhill. The bike is simply wicked, for now anyway.

Give it a try by plugging in the numbers between, and including, the 29.4% and 91.2% columns and saving it to another filename. Load it at your own risk, of course. It should have the same effect on the 31019 DNK tune - exhilarating.

evt3 numbers.png

* I do not espouse to wheelying street bikes and especially not larger, heavier ones. But that is an entirely different discussion.
So I have the 31018 tune as well and even with the etvs set to 100%. Something is still closing my secondaries at 6k How can I up my rpm limit and truely unrestrict this bike. I need about 9000-9500 rpm any help

Thanks guys

So I have the 31018 tune as well and even with the etvs set to 100%. Something is still closing my secondaries at 6k How can I up my rpm limit and truely unrestrict this bike. I need about 9000-9500 rpm any help

Thanks guys
Are you running the stock 31018? Penner’s tunes are on TuneECU.net. There are no secondaries. The stock bike won’t make any more hp above 6700 rpm so there’s no point raising it above 7000, which is the stock setting. It’s rumored that triumph limited the power until the break in service. Don’t know if this is true. In Penner’s maps, both road and sport modes have the throttle plates open to 100% at 100% throttle position. The difference between the road and sport maps is that the throttle plates are open a bit more in sport at throttle positions lower than 100%.

Would 9000+ RPM on this engine be worth it? Safe? Safe as in, will the standard parts hold up to that kind of stress?
My motor is built from bottom to top professionally. Older rocket was spun to 10k. By same builder still running. Did same build to the new 2.5 motor. Just didn’t know that triumph decided to change up everything in the ecu. I know there is some brilliant tuners in here just was trying to help speed up the process, but we will eventually get there thanks guys

Are you running the stock 31018? Penner’s tunes are on TuneECU.net. There are no secondaries. The stock bike won’t make any more hp above 6700 rpm so there’s no point raising it above 7000, which is the stock setting. It’s rumored that triumph limited the power until the break in service. Don’t know if this is true. In Penner’s maps, both road and sport modes have the throttle plates open to 100% at 100% throttle position. The difference between the road and sport maps is that the throttle plates are open a bit more in sport at throttle positions lower than 100%.
Yes we have penners tune and the plates are open until 6000 then the gradually shut. Can’t feel it by seat of pants but on a dyno with the plates visible watching it happen to confirm. This bike is at carpenters racing they basically did their 285 kit for the previous model on my 2020
So my power curve is no where near the end it is still climbing at 6k until plates shutdown. Getting 210hp currently @6k

Yes we have penners tune and the plates are open until 6000 then the gradually shut. Can’t feel it by seat of pants but on a dyno with the plates visible watching it happen to confirm. This bike is at carpenters racing they basically did their 285 kit for the previous model on my 2020
So my power curve is no where near the end it is still climbing at 6k until plates shutdown. Getting 210hp currently @6k
What kind of motor work did they do? Cams, pistons, ect?

Penner’s map should open the throttle plates to 100% at wot in road and sport modes up to 8250 rpm. The limit is 59.9% for rain mode. If the tune was downloaded and the plates aren’t open, that suggests that TuneECU isn’t doing what it says it’s doing or that the ECU is preventing it from doing so.

Back