Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

No I don't think so. I think somewhere under some conditions they have a documented and verified number with the engine on a chassis dyno connected directly to the shaft and that their loss calculation can be supported and justified such that their marketing materials showcasing a 165hp number can be supported by clear indisputable evidence...otherwise they would certainly risk litigation. Usually, the discrepancy between advertised numbers and the numbers we see on the internet can be explained by variables that are just not clear (ambient air temp, dyno variances, lubrication, and even tires). I know that even from one dyno to the next under the same conditions you can see 10% variance on the same bike. I am sure that Triumph is not overstating their power number but rather these differences are explained by perfectly acceptable and expected measurement variances. The bike is wicked powerful and probably they are being conservative by a few HP just to be safe. As for telling people how much power it has, you can say whatever number you like it's never going to be 100% accurate (the bike makes less power at 5000ft than sea level, for instance), but I try to be accurate when I talk about such things at the bar so I error on the side of being a little conservative with the bragging. I had mine dyno'd b/c I wanted to know as close a possible what it made to the wheel. With the 171 number, I am comfortable saying it has about 180hp when folks ask. I wouldn't want to say it has 200hp as I don't know that it has "at least" that. For the same reason, you can say 165 in stock form at sea level. It def. has that.
The only thing that matters is if you can beat an R1 in the quarter.

@Penner Any thoughts on releasing the map that removes the speed restriction? For example are you planning to eventually release it or is it not on your radar? Or if you know where in the Tune-ECU software we can reset that I would love to know.

Not trying to rush anyone, just curious if it will ever happen or if we might see it in the next couple of months. All of your work and time on this is greatly appreciated.

@Penner Any thoughts on releasing the map that removes the speed restriction? For example are you planning to eventually release it or is it not on your radar? Or if you know where in the Tune-ECU software we can reset that I would love to know.

Not trying to rush anyone, just curious if it will ever happen or if we might see it in the next couple of months. All of your work and time on this is greatly appreciated.
There is not much I can do about it. It is all up to Alain, the developer of this app.

Do you think your TB's are out of wack?
No not out of wack.
my question was if I could see this these TB sensor points
the center TB is not adjustable,it is only the left and right. As long as I can read them, if there out of balance.
I will be able to tune them. It all about the performance!!!
Thanks.....

There is not much I can do about it. It is all up to Alain, the developer of this app.
I talked to Alain and if you email him he will sell the tune but he needs the vin and serial number of the ECU so not a one size fits most tune. (I am guessing the vin and serial number are used in the encryption of the ECU.) What I am wondering though is what all did you do to the tune you posted. You turned up the throttle bodies correct? I am concerned that if I did get the unrestricted speed tune it might not have the power through the gears your tune does.

I talked to Alain and if you email him he will sell the tune but he needs the vin and serial number of the ECU so not a one size fits most tune. (I am guessing the vin and serial number are used in the encryption of the ECU.) What I am wondering though is what all did you do to the tune you posted. You turned up the throttle bodies correct? I am concerned that if I did get the unrestricted speed tune it might not have the power through the gears your tune does.
Ask Alain to unrestrict the speed in Penner’s tune.

Back