Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

I would honestly have trouble holding on to my R at the current restricted limit, I'd need more than bungees to keep me on at anything higher :)

Test it on the street. It would be interesting to know if some TuneECU functions don’t work on this bike.
My fuel cuts off at 7,000rpm. Just bounces there won’t go any higher despite DNK sliding the TuneECU slider to 7400.

My fuel cuts off at 7,000rpm. Just bounces there won’t go any higher despite DNK sliding the TuneECU slider to 7400.
If Alain has indeed sussed removing either the engine speed limit (rev limit) and/or road speed limit - both are limited by Triumph - the magic will be in newly updated base tunes uploaded on TuneECU. DNK and Penner will need to replicate their finesse using these updated tunes, which we will then need to obtain and reload.

If Alain has indeed sussed removing either the engine speed limit (rev limit) and/or road speed limit - both are limited by Triumph - the magic will be in newly updated base tunes uploaded on TuneECU. DNK and Penner will need to replicate their finesse using these updated tunes, which we will then need to obtain and reload.
It’s just a matter of copying tables. Alain should be made aware that the rev limit function doesn’t work on the new Rockets.

It’s just a matter of copying tables. Alain should be made aware that the rev limit function doesn’t work on the new Rockets

I do wonder where this limit is sandboxed in the ECU. And what else might be there/not currently tuneable.

I do wonder where this limit is sandboxed in the ECU. And what else might be there/not currently tuneable.
TuneECU is actually very limited and totally outclassed by the latest ECU-remapping offerings from DynoJet and the like. There are literally dozens of ECU tables and hundreds of ECU parameters that we have no access to via TuneECU. But that is all we have for now. Hopefully, with the new Rocket selling like hotcakes, this should change soon.

The South African motorcycle market is tiny compared to the US, even to the UK, and Triumph is a niche brand here for all intents and purposes. Yet, Triumph SA has moved 60 new Rockets out of their two showrooms - one in Johannesburg and the other in Capetown - in the last twelve months, regardless of the COVID-19 turbulence. That is simply unheard of for such a non-mainstream model.

TuneECU is actually very limited and totally outclassed by the latest ECU-remapping offerings from DynoJet and the like. There are literally dozens of ECU tables and hundreds of ECU parameters that we have no access to via TuneECU. But that is all we have for now. Hopefully, with the new Rocket selling like hotcakes, this should change soon.

The South African motorcycle market is tiny compared to the US, even to the UK, and Triumph is a niche brand here for all intents and purposes. Yet, Triumph SA has moved 60 new Rockets out of their two showrooms - one in Johannesburg and the other in Capetown - in the last twelve months, regardless of the COVID-19 turbulence. That is simply unheard of for such a non-mainstream model.
Does Dynojet sell anything for the 2020 Rocket? Since no one has completely hacked the new Rocket ECU, how do you know what TuneEcu doesn’t have access to?

Does Dynojet sell anything for the 2020 Rocket? Since no one has completely hacked the new Rocket ECU, how do you know what TuneEcu doesn’t have access to?
Nothing yet, not even a PCV Fueler - with only PCIII for the previous generation Rockets, I think. Too few of those sold to justify the upgrade development, I guess.

The DynJet Power Vision ECU Flasher is what we need for the new Rockets; Dynojet Motorcycle Power Vision. It comes with the (free-to-use) powerful C3 Tuning Software, for which DynoJet increasingly adds functionality as they reverse-engineer ECUs. They mainly sell them for Harley, Indian, and Can-Am at present, though - cruisers effectively, with a large enough market slice to justify the associated hardware and software development costs. The new Rocket (GT specifically) has a toe in that cruiser door now, with sales going through the roof. Let's hope it continues to the point where DynoJet takes notice. RexXer has a similar product; Store | Rexxer ECU Tuning | Virginia Beach, but they mainly concentrate on Ducati (even though they tout Triumph and others as well), and their software will set you back $1900. It needs to be said that DynoJet also markets dynamometers; RexXer does not. The Power Vision and its sibling PVCX sell for around $380, locked to a single ECU. A RexXer 'User' sells for around $600, also locked to a single ECU. There are several other ECU-tuning options for Harley, but their functionality is not as expansive and as slick as DynoJet's. But they might nevertheless take notice of the new Rocket once DynoJet does.

TuneECU is a low-cost ECU-flashing (for some models only) solution, of which the pricepoint obviously suits its user base. But that low price also necessarily constrains its development and inevitably ties it to interfaces originally intended for cars, e.g. OBDlink. With increasingly sophisticated ride-by-wire electronics, active suspension, riding aids, and more soon (adaptive cruise control), the latest bikes now often sport more than one single ECU, e.g. Engine ECU, Chassis ECU, ECM, etc. The new KTM Super Dukes sports six, I think.

Here is a screenshot of the C3 interface open at the 'Rev and Speed Limit' dialogue on an Indian ECU. Nothing like this anywhere on the horizon for TuneECU - its interface has hardly changed during the last (enter a number) years (-:
1621053279326.png

Back