Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

Everyone- just back from work and going to try again and check some of these suggestions. When (if?) I get to the bottom of it I will predict, now, operator error. Thanks!
Don’t want to beat a dying horse but when you click license under the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, does your bike (vin) show up as registered?

This is the US Penner map. You should see it in your downloads folder as Rocket R USA Full Power 31019.hex. The map identifier shows 31019 because that’s the base map. I don’t see why it should matter what folder the map is stored in but maybe it does. Do this. When you hit open under maps, choose Download in the lower left. This takes you to the developer’s web site where you see a list of brands, then models. Get to your vin for the R. The map will be 31019. Open it. Then save it. The app will prompt you to create a subfolder under maps to save it to. Do it. Now open the Penner map from downloads and save it to your new subfolder under maps. Open Penner from there. Now hit compare and load 31019. Scroll through the tables to see where the maps differ.

After this attempt I'll follow that more closely. I did get Penner's map in the Map folder of TunECU and this time going from there.
Did you register your model correctly when you registered the app or the first time you connected?
Yes, I've connected to the bike before, just to see if the OBDLink LX worked and it did.
Do you have an Android device with enough RAM (at least 4 GB)?

Yes, it's a Galaxy Tab A 8" tablet. I'm a Mac guy and navigating it is challenging.

Do you have the OBDLink LX or MX+?
The LX
Did you get the OBDLink app on your device and upgrade the firmware on your Bluetooth module?
I just downloaded the app, but was working without and someone else said they never downloaded anything. I tried to check the firmware, but I think I'll need to do that with the car after this attempt while it's running.
13.9 v sounds ok. Did you remove the headlight fuse?
Yes, fuse out.

Not much more to be done. I last actually connected to a T120 3 years ago with an earlier version of TuneECU. It never loaded a tune on the first try. I always had to do a recovery. I attributed that to my crappy Acer tablet, which probably didn’t have enough RAM.

Disconnect any other Bluetooth devices that may be active?

After this attempt I'll follow that more closely. I did get Penner's map in the Map folder of TunECU and this time going from there.

Yes, I've connected to the bike before, just to see if the OBDLink LX worked and it did.

Yes, it's a Galaxy Tab A 8" tablet. I'm a Mac guy and navigating it is challenging.

The LX

I just downloaded the app, but was working without and someone else said they never downloaded anything. I tried to check the firmware, but I think I'll need to do that with the car after this attempt while it's running.

Yes, fuse out.
Once you are connected to your obdlink via Bluetooth then you can update the firmware.
Connect the obdlink to your bike and have the bike on but not running. Download the obdlink app on your Android device. Now "pair" your device to the obdlink which you obviously have, then on your device obdlink app, update the firmware for the obdlink. That will eliminate 1 potential cause.
Also, did you get your obdlink link from ebay or Amazon?

The LX

Yes, fuse out.

Download Failed!

OK, the firmware was up to date on the OBDLink LX
Once you are connected to your obdlink via Bluetooth then you can update the firmware.
Connect the obdlink to your bike and have the bike on but not running. Download the obdlink app on your Android device. Now "pair" your device to the obdlink which you obviously have, then on your device obdlink app, update the firmware for the odblink. That will eliminate 1 potential cause
Firmware is good.

Trying the folder system you mentioned. Didn't exist before - I just was going from download folder, then Penner by itself in Maps folder. Now it's, I believe, Maps -> Triumph -> Rocket 3 -> R&R Black VIN from 971477 up to AV5456 -> both maps together in same folder.

What's the purpose of compare- just to see or a necessary step?

Going out to try again....

Download Failed!

Firmware is good.

Trying the folder system you mentioned. Didn't exist before - I just was going from download folder, then Penner by itself in Maps folder. Now it's, I believe, Maps -> Triumph -> Rocket 3 -> both maps together in same folder. May have the last part slightly off here in description.

Compare is to see the highlighted changes from 1 map to another.
I do it another way.
Go to tuneecu database for custom maps and download the 31019 full power US map manually. Then once it's on your device, extract the file as it will request. Then store the hex file map in any folder you choose.
When you open tuneecu app, don't download from server, but it will say "parent directory" with a green left arrow.
Click that and find your folder you put your hex file map in. Click on that map and it will appear on your tuneecu app ready to be flashed to ecu.

Don’t want to beat a dying horse but when you click license under the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, does your bike (vin) show up as registered?
It just shows my email address. I remember registering the bike before though. This does not require a Pro License does it?

Download Failed!

Firmware is good.

Trying the folder system you mentioned. Didn't exist before - I just was going from download folder, then Penner by itself in Maps folder. Now it's, I believe, Maps -> Triumph -> Rocket 3 -> R&R Black VIN from 971477 up to AV5456 -> both maps together in same folder.

Compare is just to see what Penner did relative to stock. Since you’re not getting anywhere, could you turn everything off, reboot the Android, read in the stock map 31019 and try to load it?

Instructions are on TuneECU.fr

This is from “how to register”

166B07F2-5AC7-4634-BB8E-C5F3C4ADCA37.png

Back