Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

That was when I first started. It went all the way then said it failed and my troubles began. Hoping more juice is the solution. Is that the Penner map or stock?
Here's my issue.
Your map shows 31019.
According to the database, 31019 is in the "custom map section" and say modified by Ulf Penner for US and Canada markets.
Now I went to OEM maps and it also has 31019 which makes zero sense.
I'm assuming you have a 3R and are based in the US?

I just did this last night and wow!!! what the F*ck was I thinking?!? This bike is more evil now than it was…… before I’d lay my hands on the tank and beg it not to kill me when we went for a ride. Now I’m forced to make blood sacrifices in the glow of the headlights to appease the gods in each cylinder before flight.

Attachments

• BC568363-DB98-461E-8D18-19AD6F6A3D1E.jpeg
    BC568363-DB98-461E-8D18-19AD6F6A3D1E.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 20
Here's my issue.
Your map shows 31019.
According to the database, 31019 is in the "custom map section" and say modified by Ulf Penner for US and Canada markets.
Now I went to OEM maps and it also has 31019 which makes zero sense.
I'm assuming you have a 3R and are based in the US?
Yes- I'm accessing it from my downloads folder and it IS the Penner, but yeah, the number showing just says 31019, so not sure if it even loaded that or not. At this point any map is a good map.

Yes- I'm accessing it from my downloads folder and it IS the Penner, but yeah, the number showing just says 31019, so not sure if it even loaded that or not. At this point any map is a good map.
Are you in the tuneecu FB group?
Tom Tom there may be able to help through your trace file.
Generally if the map is the wrong one, it won't even start. So you seem to have the correct map.
I'm out of ideas mate. Is your OBDLINK updated with the latest firmware?

That was when I first started. It went all the way then said it failed and my troubles began. Hoping more juice is the solution.

*Is that the Penner map or stock showing on the screen? I remember someone else reloaded the stock map by mistake.

Failed again- trying jumper from car battery (not running).
This is the US Penner map. You should see it in your downloads folder as Rocket R USA Full Power 31019.hex. The map identifier shows 31019 because that’s the base map. I don’t see why it should matter what folder the map is stored in but maybe it does. Do this. When you hit open under maps, choose Download in the lower left. This takes you to the developer’s web site where you see a list of brands, then models. Get to your vin for the R. The map will be 31019. Open it. Then save it. The app will prompt you to create a subfolder under maps to save it to. Do it. Now open the Penner map from downloads and save it to your new subfolder under maps. Open Penner from there. Now hit compare and load 31019. Scroll through the tables to see where the maps differ.

Did you register your model correctly when you registered the app or the first time you connected?

Do you have an Android device with enough RAM (at least 4 GB)? Do you have the OBDLink LX or MX+? Did you get the OBDLink app on your device and upgrade the firmware on your Bluetooth module?

13.9 v sounds ok. Did you remove the headlight fuse?

Last edited:
This is the US Penner map. You should see it in your downloads folder as Rocket R USA Full Power 31029.hex. The map identifier shows 31019 because that’s the base map. I don’t see why it should matter what folder the map is stored in but maybe it does. Do this. When you hit open under maps, choose Download in the lower left. This takes you to the developer’s web site where you see a list of brands, then models. Get to your vin for the R. The map will be 31019. Open it. Then save it. The app will prompt you to create a subfolder under maps to save it to. Do it. Now open the Penner map from downloads and save it to your new subfolder under maps. Open Penner from there. Now hit compare and load 31019. Scroll through the tables to see where the maps differ.

Did you register your model correctly when you registered the app or the first time you connected?

Do you have an Android device with enough RAM (at least 4 GB)? Do you have the OBDLink LX or MX+? Did you get the OBDLink app on your device and upgrade the firmware on your Bluetooth module?

13.9 v sounds ok. Did you remove the headlight fuse?
According to the custom maps database, there is no 31029.
The only 31029 is the oem map for the TFC.
31019 is the full power US map for the R and the oem map for the R in the US is also 31019 in the oem database.
I've raised this issue before but never got an answer

Last edited:
According to the custom maps database, there is no 31029.
The only 31029 is the oem map for the TFC.
31019 is the full power US map for the R and the oem map for the R in the US is also 31019 in the oem database.
I've raised this issue before but never got an answer
Sorry, typo. Fixed it.

Back