Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

I have that one, using it in the bike right now, but would also like to try penners with no speed limit, it is almost $400 Canadian to go to the pro version, to use that check box
I purchased pro version and its possible to do over remote so no one else had to buy pro for one time use but at the same time I dont want to hurt developer of the app.

Hi everyone, did someone went faster than 237 km/h with the speed limiter removed?

Hi All

I uploaded Ulf Penners Map this evening. Here's what happened.

Tune ECU said the reprogramming was successful.
TuneECU then said to Turn off the bike and remove the Battery charger. Replace the Headlight Fuse and then start the engine. (Verbatim)
TuneECU did not tell me to turn off the Ignition, Wait 5 seconds and then turn it on again as others have mentioned.

I followed what TuneECU told me and then immediately I had a Check Engine light when I started the bike and the Fault code was Set Crankshaft Position not adapted. (P0315).
I did not select Reset Adaptions.

I followed the Service manual to set the Crankshaft Position and then the Error code went away.
No current errors are active when the bike is running in the garage.

It's late now so I haven't had a chance to take it for a ride yet to see if other Error codes pop up.

Have others experienced this and is this normal?
From all the reading I did prior to doing the flash I did not expect the error code.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edited:
Hi All

I uploaded Ulf Penners Map this evening. Here's what happened.

Tune ECU said the reprogramming was successful.
TuneECU then said to Turn off the bike and remove the Battery charger. Replace the Headlight Fuse and then start the engine. (Verbatim)
TuneECU did not tell me to turn off the Ignition, Wait 5 seconds and then turn it on again as others have mentioned.

I followed what TuneECU told me and then immediately I had a Check Engine light when I started the bike and the Fault code was Set Crankshaft Position not adapted. (P0315).
I did not select Reset Adaptions.

I followed the Service manual to set the Crankshaft Position and then the Error code went away.
No current errors are active when the bike is running in the garage.

It's late now so I haven't had a chance to take it for a ride yet to see if other Error codes pop up.

Have others experienced this and is this normal?
From all the reading I did prior to doing the flash I did not expect the error code.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
TuneECU (v5.5.x) told me to turn off the ignition for 5 seconds and on again, just as the written instructions said it would. That is probably the start of your issues, what version TuneECU are you using?
When you started the engine, did you hold the start button until it fired, or like me did it crank for longer than normal so you let go of the button and pressed it again? I think that's what tripped my code and after the restart it cranks for longer to check everything and interrupting that was not good for it. My 2c...

TuneECU (v5.5.x) told me to turn off the ignition for 5 seconds and on again, just as the written instructions said it would. That is probably the start of your issues, what version TuneECU are you using?
When you started the engine, did you hold the start button until it fired, or like me did it crank for longer than normal so you let go of the button and pressed it again? I think that's what tripped my code and after the restart it cranks for longer to check everything and interrupting that was not good for it. My 2c...
Thanks for the reply

My version of TuneEcu was 5.6.x so I suspect that message may have changed as you suggested.
After I followed the message on TuneECU and started the bike, it started normally and did not crank any longer than normal but it put up the check engine light straight away.

Anyway, as stated I followed the Service manual to set the Crankshaft Position, and then the Error code went away without clearing the code so I suspect there are no issues now, and hopefully as TuneECU stated "reprogramming was successful" hopefully the new tune is on the bike.

It was thanks to your video and a quick explanation of how to do the Crankshaft Position Adaption that I was able to sort that out quickly so thanks for that.

Took me a few minutes to work out that you have to hold the throttle wide open and keep it pinned so that the bike will do the revving up and down for you.
Prior to that, I was manually revving it up and down and the process would never complete...lol. Neighbors wouldn't have been happy as this was at 9 pm...whoops sorry!

Last edited:
Seems unusual for the newest version of tuneecu to react this way. I thought the only change was to registration within the app.
It's hard to imagine now that using the latest version, one has to reset to the crankshaft position each time.
Based on different experiences here and on tuneecu FB page, it seems success can come down to just good luck. It's not quite as straight forward as I first thought

Didn’t someone here find that doing the reset adapt did the same thing with the crank position sensor? The developer’s recommendation was to not do the reset adapt on the Rocket. The procedure for finishing the download was to turn the ignition off for 5 sec, then turn it back on, going back to the earliest Windows version of TuneECU. Have you contacted Alain about this new problem with 5.6?

Went for a 200km run today and as others have suggested the tune is awesome!
It's not just the extra Hp up top or the unrestricted throttle action. It's the low-speed/fueling manners in Sport mode that have been tidied up heaps. It was good before but now it's better again.
No error codes all day either. Sorted.

Back