For science... Have you been able to wheelie your new rocket 3?

1BadRocket

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
I know I am a hooligan... no need to scold me. BUT, I want to be able to wheelie my new Rocket 3, however, it is not being a willing partner at this point. I'm polling this audience to hopefully find someone who has figured out the required black magic, ritual to a deity, or maybe even voodoo to eliminate the electronic gatekeeper to my fun.

So, Have you been able to wheelie your new rocket 3?

If you say "no", I feel your pain and post quarantine, I offer you 10-12 beers and a day out on the boat to quiet our misery.

If you say "yes", please describe in detail how you turned off the electronic fun police. (The answer is not just turn off traction control... at least for me, that does not work! I can pop the clutch at 4,000 RMP in first gear and it will not even hint at bringing the front tire off the ground... it just accelerates on the brink of actual 100% fun)

Thank you all!

I know I am a hooligan... no need to scold me. BUT, I want to be able to wheelie my new Rocket 3, however, it is not being a willing partner at this point. I'm polling this audience to hopefully find someone who has figured out the required black magic, ritual to a deity, or maybe even voodoo to eliminate the electronic gatekeeper to my fun.

So, Have you been able to wheelie your new rocket 3?

If you say "no", I feel your pain and post quarantine, I offer you 10-12 beers and a day out on the boat to quiet our misery.

If you say "yes", please describe in detail how you turned off the electronic fun police. (The answer is not just turn off traction control... at least for me, that does not work! I can pop the clutch at 4,000 RMP in first gear and it will not even hint at bringing the front tire off the ground... it just accelerates on the brink of actual 100% fun)

Thank you all!
I replied no to your survey but the real answer is it hadn't occurred to me to try, :laugh: I've seen the older Rockets doing wheelies but no new ones. Have you tried a stoppie???:D:D:D

@Mighty Mouse

It's simply written in the Manual - so I see no Problem in switching the ABS off.

Regarding the poll I miss one point: "no, I never tried"

By the way @1BadRocket

How many miles do you have on the ODO? The internal electronics are - based on what I know - limited until the you reach a certain mileage...

@Mighty Mouse

It's simply written in the Manual - so I see no Problem in switching the ABS off.

Regarding the poll I miss one point: "no, I never tried"

By the way @1BadRocket

How many miles do you have on the ODO? The internal electronics are - based on what I know - limited until the you reach a certain mileage...

I have about 650 miles so far. Just had my first service completed.

...and yes.. it's very simple to get to the ABS selection in the menu... you just can not turn it off. It is set to "road" under all rider modes. Walk out to your bike and see if you can turn it off. ;-)

From what I have read you can make your own custom map and turn off ABS and the traction control. I wish I remember where I read it but the guy said it took just a few minutes to dial it in. He was talking about how simple it was to bring the front end up. Do some research on line and see what you can find.

I wish this was true! It's super easy to turn off traction control when setting up the "rider mode", but you can not turn off ABS... it seems to be permanently set to "ROAD" mode.

Please, someone prove me wrong so that I can do whatever you did!!!!! lol...

If the manual says you can turn off ABS in Rider mode and it is not letting you... Take it to the dealer and let them explain it. The bike is too new to start compiling guesses. Could be they didn't finish unlocking the ECU after the first service was performed.

Not a total wheelie but several years ago I got frustrated with a friend riding slow on his Harley in front of me while on a highway on ramp. I blew around him with the throttle wide open and when I hit second, lost steerage. Yikes! When my friend caught up to me later on he asked if I felt that. I asked him what and he said the air under my front tire. He was impressed and I decided not to do that again.

Back