Rumors of a new Rocket 3 refresh model

In California (aka, the state of confusion) the dealers will melt down if you ask for any modifications. Even a horn that they sell to you they won't put it on you bike. ZERO modifications that are not OEM. I had to ride to Reno to put my TORS on my old 2014 Rocket. When my dealer sells a used motorcycle it has to be 100% stock or they won't buy it from you to sell on their floor. I called a Triumph dealer in the Bay Area about the new Storm and replacing the maps on my 2020 with the 2025 Storm maps and all I heard was crickets at first. He knew nothing about the Storm and stated he doubted very seriously they would re-map any motorcycle and realistically it makes sense. Why would they undermine their future sells by re-mapping the older Rockets. But this is California and hopefully they will in some other sane state. :thumbsup:
Like I said before I doubt you can get an older Gen 2 Rocket flashed with a 24 tune.

In California (aka, the state of confusion) the dealers will melt down if you ask for any modifications. Even a horn that they sell to you they won't put it on you bike. ZERO modifications that are not OEM. I had to ride to Reno to put my TORS on my old 2014 Rocket. When my dealer sells a used motorcycle it has to be 100% stock or they won't buy it from you to sell on their floor. I called a Triumph dealer in the Bay Area about the new Storm and replacing the maps on my 2020 with the 2025 Storm maps and all I heard was crickets at first. He knew nothing about the Storm and stated he doubted very seriously they would re-map any motorcycle and realistically it makes sense. Why would they undermine their future sells by re-mapping the older Rockets. But this is California and hopefully they will in some other sane state. :thumbsup:
I just came back from my dealer, took the bike in because sometimes when I give it some throttle and let the clutch out to get going in first I hear this weird squealing especially going up my sketchy, paved and little rocks everywhere driveway. That made me concerned about the clutch. I had no problems with it all day and neither did the tech who test rode it. They think I must be spinning the rear wheel. So when he got back I told him that I plan on putting a tune on it and it would be nice if they did not mess with it when I bring it back for service. He said that as long as I let them know about the tune when dropping the bike off they can work around it. He also said he's never seen a problem with tuned bikes he's worked on.

Last edited:
If and when the new Rocket maps become available, and if they conform (same throttle positions and rpm’s in the tables), people with earlier bikes will be able to copy the new tables into the older base maps. Since they didn’t do anything to the engine, the added power must be due to derestricting the electronic throttle, as Penner has done. The tables in the latest Penner tunes will probably do the thing to your 2020, by all accounts. No need to drop $26K for more power.

I just came back from my dealer, took the bike in because sometimes when I give it some throttle and let the clutch out to get going in first I hear this weird squealing especially going up my sketchy, paved and little rocks everywhere driveway. That made me concerned about the clutch. I had no problems with it all day and neither did the tech who test rode it. They think I must be spinning the rear wheel. So when he got back I told him that I plan on putting a tune on it and it would be nice if they did not mess with it when I bring it back for service. He said that as long as I let them know about the tune when dropping the bike off they can work around it. He also said he's never seen a problem with tuned bikes he's worked on.
Keep that dealer and in fact where is it? I bet they would even put on a horn they sell at their shop. :mad:

If and when the new Rocket maps become available, and if they conform (same throttle positions and rpm’s in the tables), people with earlier bikes will be able to copy the new tables into the older base maps. Since they didn’t do anything to the engine, the added power must be due to derestricting the electronic throttle, as Penner has done. The tables in the latest Penner tunes will probably do the thing to your 2020, by all accounts. No need to drop $26K for more power.
That would be nice but I have my doubts. If they do it won't be for free so I'm wondering what the price will be if in fact they do. Now that I think about it they WILL benefit monetarily if they have the maps available for earlier models.💰

Back