Decent cost on Avon Cobras

Dalan

Supercharged
Ride
2015 R3R
How hard can it be to buy tires.

Their computer down last week, could not get pricing. Then told me they can't mount a 240 series.

Salem shop wants $641 for Avons installed. Mount for "free". Dennis Kirk has a pair at $385. I guess the free mounting is $256 bucks?

Called Harley -Triumph dealer where I got the Roadster. They want $100 each for mounting on the bike. Could not locate tire info. No call back.

What are you folks paying? This turnip does not want to donate blood.☹️

Their computer down last week, could not get pricing. Then told me they can't mount a 240 series.

Salem shop wants $641 for Avons installed. Mount for "free". Dennis Kirk has a pair at $385. I guess the free mounting is $256 bucks?

Called Harley -Triumph dealer where I got the Roadster. They want $100 each for mounting on the bike. Could not locate tire info. No call back.

I usually pay around $130 for the front Avon and $200 for the rear. With the frequency with which the rear needs to be changed, the general dealer tech ineptitude (over-torquing things, not greasing splines, etc.), and your turnip not wanting to donate blood, you should really look into getting a stand and learning how to remove/reinstall the wheels. I bring the wheels and new tire into the local Triumph dealer and generally get the front tire swapped/balanced for $20 and the rear $30.

Rocky Mountain ATV . . . $234 rear & $127 front
Avon Cobra AV72 Rear Motorcycle Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
Avon Cobra AV71 Front Motorcycle Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Shop near me charges $50 per tire to remove, mount & balance.
NOT SO BAD, Amigo!

I am going to buy spoons etc. No way I am paying that cash. I already have a bead breaker.

No issues breaking an old 8ply truck tire. I can cut the bead with a grinder blade. Get splines lubed, try dyna beads.

IMG_5367.JPG

I let my son have my old stand. Taking one of my three floor jacks and fabricating a mount to clamp to the rocket. Weld a small outrigger to jack for stability.

The tractor bucket can collapse a bead with zero effort. Look forward to upgrade from Metzlers. Down to cords on rear.

That rear tire will beat your butt big time. Wide wheel with little drop in the center. To get off the old tire, I had to cut the bead with a small cut-off wheel, being very careful not to touch the rim. I use Ride-on in all my bike tires. Balances and acts as a sealer too. Some tire guys hate the dyna beads when changing a tire, as they fall out everywhere and sometimes jam up the machine. At least that's what I was told.:)

Here in oz where I'm situated it's $390 au rear & $290 au frt balanced i do the r/r of the rims from the bike. Don't like watching the tire bin swapped very tight fit (freaks me out)but my tire man knows his stuff. Also l clean inspect,grease the spline detail rim & inspect rotors & wheel bearings.you gotta know you're ride intermittently

I have always changed my own tires. I just cut the old tire off the rim, way easier. For the rear I go to my local tire shop and they put the tire on the rim, it fits in a regular car tire machine. They usually don't even charge me because it takes them under a minute. I wrestled the front tire on with irons. I used irons meant for car tires, not little tool pouch irons.

Back