Decent cost on Avon Cobras

Or Wilbers have two grades Wilbers branded and their cheaper version Promoto brand
Early Rockets and Roadster are the same I believe but they do list different pages for both and another for Tourings which are different.

French site great prices and service scroll to bottom of page for Rockets and then once there copy and paste into a Google Translator
Ressorts de Fourche Moto Wilbers Triumph - Mecadata

R3 2004 on
French
Ressorts de Fourche Moto Wilbers TRIUMPH Rocket III (C 23 XB) 2004+ - Mecadata

Google Translate

Roadster 2010 on
French
Ressorts de Fourche Moto Wilbers TRIUMPH Rocket III Roadster (C 23 XB) 2010+ - Mecadata

Touring 2007 on
French
Ressorts de Fourche Moto Wilbers TRIUMPH Rocket III Touring (23 XC) 2007+ - Mecadata

Last edited:
First off, I take the wheels off and bring it to my shop with the new tires. They mount and balance for $35 each. No issues mounting the big tires. They even dispose of the old ones.

Better than my deal at $50/ wheel. :thumbsup: :D

The oil is not the problem, It is the sh*tty springs - While they're out replace them with progressive springs - Great, cheap upgrade!

Had the front tyre installed today, put in new wheel bearings and seals but the head race kits not arrived yet. While on the stand I noticed a little movement in the front, couldn't be sure where from on my own as difficult to rock the forks and feel for movement at the same time, especially don't want this one coming off the lift!
Looking at the Triumph parts list I don't see any fork bushes, now I'm hoping it is just loose/worn head bearings but please someone tell me you can buy just the bush and not the whole upper leg as an assembly?

$396 for Cobras from Dennis Kirk.

Dyna beads ordered. I bought high end tire plugs, so passed on ride on sealant. K&N filter on the way, air and oil.

I just noticed the new Shell Rotella full synthetic meets SH and MA/MA2 oil standards and should be good in the Rocket.

I think Les Schwab can mount rear. Front
should be no issue.

NO bushes Rocketman upper assembly only.

Oh F**K ! Lets hope its just the headraces then.......................Triumph really have gone down in my books (not that it will worry the men in suits who make these decisions), why on earth would you produce something thats not great to start with and then make it unrebuildable?

Cobras delivered. Dyna beads at post office.

Cycle country will change tires at $35 apiece.

Will clean rims, do needed lubrication(s) and other stuff.

Puts total price about $472 for Avons front and rear, dyna beads and mounting off the bike.

Not as good as some, but decent price.

Assuming Canadians and Australians are subject to VAT or similar pushing tire costs up?

We need a tire smuggling ring.

Cobras on.

It took a 2 foot cheater bar on bolt holding on rear caliper and the filler plug on the rear drive, to remove them. Triumph must use foot-tonnes of force.

Wet day. Not aggressive on tires. Ran up to 80 mph.

Zero vibration. Vibes I attributed to engine were apparently Metzler related. The lack of vibration was as good as my Goldwing, or better.

Cobras felt good, but odd. Bike felt lower somehow. Front tire felt very planted. Not twitchy like Metzler.

K&N underseat filter seemed to make engine stronger and smoother.

Need to rebleed rear brake.

Dyna beads apparently work. Ride could not be smoother.

Next tire change, powdercoating rims and a few other parts. Or, have that place in California chrome plate them.

Going to be awhile to put on miles. Bike ready. Surgery Friday.☹️

I am going to buy spoons etc. No way I am paying that cash. I already have a bead breaker.

No issues breaking an old 8ply truck tire. I can cut the bead with a grinder blade. Get splines lubed, try dyna beads.

IMG_5367.JPG

Last month I was on my way to work on my thunderbird LT, riding at about 115kmh and the front tire went flat rather quickly.. long story short I managed to keep the shiny side up and got her off the road safely. Got a tow to the dealership and that's when I got the shock...$200 just to pull the wheel, replace the tube and put er back together.. in the end it cost me $435 because I destroyed the front tire getting off the road.
I swore I'd never pay that again, I ordered the following products and I couldn't be happier. I do my own tire changes now.

Bikemaster wheel balancer
BikeMaster Wheel Balancer & Truing Stand

Motion pro bead pro spoons
BeadPro FS (Forged Steel)

Rim protector
Rim Protectors

Couple packs of black and silver wheel weights

Works great

Back