Dang cold natured beast!!!

I’m eating my words. I rode my new Rocket home today at 29 degrees and my hands got quite cold. The rest of the weekend looks just as bad and want to ride a bit but I’m not sure how enjoyable it would be. If it’s a state of mind the mine is a bit weak.

It is all a state of mind.
Not really.

Winter 1987 - Norwegian North Cape - I froze the muscles in my face - despite the rest of me being very well covered.
OK it was substantially colder than 19F - closer to -13F And some evil wind off the Barents Sea - made it closer to -85 wind chill.

And - this was a holiday. :unsure:

Wind Chill.jpg

I use the NOAA or USCG website to either calculate the wind chill or reference it. Some of my morning rides have been in the negative 30 range in the past few winters. Hopefully the new battery will allow it again.

Those are likely using the "OLD" standard which was from 10 meters above ground in the artic.
The "NEW & IMPROVED" adjusted standard calcs are much warmer.

Last edited:
Rode home last night from work. Cool 19 degrees. Last 15 minutes of a hour ride was a #itch. Heading out in the morning for a toy run over a hour away. Predicted temps under 30 degrees. It is all a state of mind. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Bike starts just fine but the rider takes a bit to get rolling. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
rig I am on just inside colo.state line as I leave in the morning at 6 am its been 3 deg up to 9 deg. sucks at 3 deg when youre wet all night with brine water

Back