Dang cold natured beast!!!

Nipple licking is a popular pastime here in Devon . It helps to while away the long dark winter days , until the return of spring when attentions are turned more from nipple licking to the just as popular pastime of bog snorkelling ! :D
I thought bog snorkeling was a sexual thing involving big girls with poor hygiene.:confused:

Glad to see it’s just a wet sport where you suck mud.

Back on topic who the heck wants to fool with a bike when it’s 27 degrees f?

My new battery just arrived and I installed it straight away: poof, instant start! This is the Odyssey Extreme PC545 with an advertised 480 CCA at -40°F. I will write something up anout it after I have ran it for awhile.

I still plan to do the 1.4KW Toyota starter upgrade soon.
20171129_164244.jpg

The things we do for love!

This morning the bike gives me a face full of grief. When the temps drop below freezing as in around 27-29F, it becomes harder to start. Sometimes after several attempts at starting, it fires off but the check engine light stays on. After a few normal starts, the light goes out. (When this happens, I lose the neutral light. The computer thinks the bike is in gear for some reason).

Today is much warmer at 37F
:laugh::laugh::laugh::roll::roll::roll:
and it didn't start correctly. Several tries later it did start with the check engine light on like each winter before. However this time, the computer is retarding the engine so I turned it around after a few blocks and took it home. I can go up through second gear but once in third it is barely above idle before the computer stalls it back down.

I run a 780 amp battery now for over a year and have gone through several now trying to crack this dang low temperature issue. I will keep on of course, but now I am concerned something slipped inside on the first attempt...

Funny thing, I don't have this problem in Florida.
:p:rolleyes::whitstling::D

I thought bog snorkeling was a sexual thing involving big girls with poor hygiene.:confused:

Back on topic who the heck wants to fool with a bike when it’s 27 degrees f?

I like to ride when it gets that hot. That first winter with the bike I rode at 0F to work one morning just fine.
So far, the Odyssey has started it just fine at 31F. I hear winter is coming so more updates to follow...

40-45 degrees is about as much as my body can withstand without tethering myself to heated gear. Given the nature of the roads around here (nearly all twisties) and, now, with salt, sand and urea (chickenshyte) being applied to them, it just doesn't pay to play.

Back