Dang cold natured beast!!!

It starts with the kick stand up like it would normally with the bike in Gear. I release the clutch after starting and the bike remains in neutral without the light. If I put the stand down the bike dies as if it is in gear. I see this every winter for some odd reason and the GPS has been replaced once already and the new one was cleaned at the dealer last winter.

If I left my Honey, AKA Pretty Pillion (who happens to be a tropical island girl), outside all night, I could only hope to out run her when see sees me next... But a machine built in the UK, a place known to be cool/cold and moist, I would expect a horny beasty each morning raring to go no matter the chill.

I have a double ground/earth cable at present.

@mully95 I did upgrade the negative cable and the battery. I have not replaced the positive cable so that does need to be done and I still have the OEM starter. The one you mentioned was the Toyota starter?

I started the bike normally last night and let it warm up to temperature before shutting it off. It did not have the stutter as it did in the morning. I didn't ride this morning but the temp is 55F so it should have been an easy start. I will tinker with it over the holiday here and see what becomes of my assessment.

Yep... Toyota starter. I changed mine and it zips the engine over much faster. Living down here in the south the temps do plummet sometimes. I ride when its cold and can tell the difference between the old starter and the upgraded one.

Inexpensive Starter Replacement

Nippon Denso starter motor

Last edited:
Brahma is back to the living again. Got home from work and it started right off sounding great. Neutral.light and check engine both on. I pulled the battery cable for a minute and reapplied it. Started right away, check engine off. I rode around for a few minutes with all well. Temperature is 59F at the time.

My new battery just arrived and I installed it straight away: poof, instant start! This is the Odyssey Extreme PC545 with an advertised 480 CCA at -40°F. I will write something up anout it after I have ran it for awhile.

I still plan to do the 1.4KW Toyota starter upgrade soon.
20171129_164244.jpg

i hate to be the one that says anything but when i checked it on ebay one post had the cranking amps a 460 and cold cranking amps at 150 :(:(
but it is made in usa :):thumbsup:
i am unsure that the bat is your prob.
let us know how it works the price is right

Back