Turk

.060 Over
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster with "Blessed Engine" :)
Hi guys

Any wonder if anyone knows a remedy for this issue.

On cold days when I start my bike she kinda sneezes. I mean literally sounds like she is sneezing. It goes away once the bike warms up.

I haven;t located where the sound is exactly coming from but kind of feel like it is a blow back out from the K&N filter on the throttle bodies.

The issue existed before I did the full engine rebuild so it is not something which has been introduced. Actually she is kinder better after the rebuild but it is still a bit of an embarrassing sound coming from the monster and it sometimes can bring the bike to a stop while idling.

Yes I have triple K&N and the lot.

I checked the Vacuum hoses visually and couldn't find a leak.

I checked the TPS and ISC Stepper Adjustment with TUNE ECU.

TPS is 64 and ISC is 74

They are supposed to be 62 and 72 but that is how the original Triumph diagnostic tool set it up.

Any ideas?

Sometimes those boot splits will be so fine as to be undetectable even with throttle body taken apart. You pretty much have to remove the boot and manually pull it this way and that to find it. Don't be fretting if you overlooked it during rebuild. If you weren't suspecting it, you would not even think of it.

Sometimes those boot splits will be so fine as to be undetectable even with throttle body taken apart. You pretty much have to remove the boot and manually pull it this way and that to find it. Don't be fretting if you overlooked it during rebuild. If you weren't suspecting it, you would not even think of it.

Yeah well that guy Murphy exists right :)

I even used a gasket maker when installing the boots to over engineer the default O-ring only sealing...

But yes I have to be honest. Other than giving the boots a wash and a clean I didn't inspect for tear and wear...

Yeah well that guy Murphy exists right :)

I even used a gasket maker when installing the boots to over engineer the default O-ring only sealing...

But yes I have to be honest. Other than giving the boots a wash and a clean I didn't inspect for tear and wear...
Mine split due to bad installation from factory , bike coughed and popped through air box from new. One day a massive pop caused the clamp to slip up out of the groove ( unknown to me at that stage ) thats when bike started doing the sneeze thing when cold and would occasionally backfire through the pipe , no dramas since i replaced the boot.

Voltage targets are: 0.60 +/- 0.02 for Primary TPS and 0.72 when IACV Stepper is fully open. That's not your problem though.

Some bikes do it, some don't. I've replaced all vacuum lines, Throttle Body to head rubbers, multiple intake setups, different cams, different head, TuneECU, TuneBoy, and a multitude of ignition timing settings..

Still coughs occasionally :p

Voltage targets are: 0.60 +/- 0.02 for Primary TPS and 0.72 when IACV Stepper is fully open. That's not your problem though.

Some bikes do it, some don't. I've replaced all vacuum lines, Throttle Body to head rubbers, multiple intake setups, different cams, different head, TuneECU, TuneBoy, and a multitude of ignition timing settings..

Still coughs occasionally :p

I will soon be changing my Cam Sprockets to Adjustable ones and dialing my cams properly + replacing my spark plug leads and stuff so I will just add it to the list of things to do/check.

Lots of fun :)

Mine split due to bad installation from factory , bike coughed and popped through air box from new. One day a massive pop caused the clamp to slip up out of the groove ( unknown to me at that stage ) thats when bike started doing the sneeze thing when cold and would occasionally backfire through the pipe , no dramas since i replaced the boot.

Thanks for all the information mate. Sound very similar...

Back