Dang cold natured beast!!!

Mine will start at any temp....it will note the cold temperature and start with a way high idle, but simmer down as the bike warms. I think with as many sensors as a Rocket has, and fuel injection...if she's cold natured, some sensor is telling the ECU the weather is warmer than it really is.

This morning the bike gives me a face full of grief. When the temps drop below freezing as in around 27-29F, it becomes harder to start. Sometimes after several attempts at starting, it fires off but the check engine light stays on. After a few normal starts, the light goes out. (When this happens, I lose the neutral light. The computer thinks the bike is in gear for some reason).

Today is much warmer at 37F and it didn't start correctly. Several tries later it did start with the check engine light on like each winter before. However this time, the computer is retarding the engine so I turned it around after a few blocks and took it home. I can go up through second gear but once in third it is barely above idle before the computer stalls it back down.

I run a 780 amp battery now for over a year and have gone through several now trying to crack this dang low temperature issue. I will keep on of course, but now I am concerned something slipped inside on the first attempt...

BOOG, Amigo!
If you left your honey outside and over night all the time -
Do Ya think she'd feel all fuzzy, warm and horny when you showed up to climb aboard???
:eek: :rolleyes: :p :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :inlove

Have you upgraded your earth cable? It helps the starter to get all the power it deserves.
Pictured is the standard Cable and the cable I make to replace it and its plug and play.
IMG_7030.JPG

Back