Corbin Fairing Released

Right In The Gut

It looks a lot better than I thought it would based on the prototype. My problem is I'm just too tall to take advantage of the short screen. The wind would graciously pass by the center fin, leap upward past the screen and directly into my stomach. The cost also seemed a bit prohibitive but then......... I paid the same for their bags! It makes a nice addition to the EXTRAS companies are finally making for the R3.

I read that any screen that will fit an ElectraGlide will fit this new Corbin fairing for the Rocket III, so you should have plenty of options to choose. Maybe they would substitute one for that shortie if you were to ask???

Uch!!!

I may get smoked for this, but, I don't like it. It smacks of an FLT Hardley handlebar fairing right down to the HD windscreen add-on.

From what I can see, it didn't take a lot of engineering to split a two hole front and add a rib to the FLT faring and, in addition, Corbin has outrageous prices but then so does Triumph on it's acessories. The Corbin Beetle Bags are over the top. The demo model I rode just before I bought my red/cream Classic, was a red/cream Classic with the Beetle Bags and from the back it looks like a VTX1800 with a wider tire. Those bags are the exact same bags for the VTX but the VTX has integrated turn signals. I got the Triumph leather saddlebags (weren't cheap either) but have more room than the beetles. Overall, I'm not impressed with Corbin nor their seats either.

Having said that, I'll sit back and take my beating.:flame:

not smoked yet....

Brian K said:
i think corbin seats are way overpriced and not that comfortable

I figgered the first post after mine would be a 'smokin gun.

Arlen Ness is the Corbin of Victory. I saw a Ness creation (add on parts) at a dealers show this last winter. Uch to that too. I ride with a guy that has a Vegas. Nice bike as long as Ness don't "doctor it up".:)

It does look like an Electra Glide setup and it is expensive. But it seems like everything is expensive. I have the Beetles and love 'em, but they weren't cheap. I have a Fastgun seat, and for me, so far its been the best seat I've had for the Rocket. Someone makes a custom seat (Daylong?) but it is many times more expensive than the Corbins. What do ya do?:D At least Corbin is making stuff for the Rocket, others will follow when they see Corbin is making money from this.

Tom:

I agree with that philosophy wholeheartedly, it's just that the Corbin bling is like the Ness bling, over the top. If you had any idea of the markup, you'd faint. Unfortunately for me, I know and that seems to make me even more cynical.

I used to think that jewelry had a tremendous markup but motorcycle "jewelry" is right on par.:D

I don't see a big market for the fariing but I may be wrong and I get a kick out of manufacturers buzzwords like fibertech or whatever Corbin calls their proprietary material. Actually, nothing short of carbon fiber beats the inherent strength of hand laid fiberglass (not Chopper gun blown fiber) and fiberglass is easily repairable while carbon fiber isn't.

I'm not degrading the fairing. On the contrary, I like you, want to see more acessories available for the R3. The more acessories available, the more competitive the market segment becomes and prices get more competitive too. I'd like nothing better than logging on to Dennis Kirk and finding a section devoted to the R3 and the products discounted.

Back