Corbin Seat - How Disappointing!

Gateway77

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3GT, GSA 1250
I've mentioned my disappointment with the finish and attention to detail on my Corbin seat already; but now after waiting weeks for a response from Corbin - I can only report that I've heard nothing back from at all. Not even we're sorry but there's not much we can do from here. Absolute rubbish.

I've fancied a Corbin seat for a long time. But WTF - what has happened to customers service and product quality in America?
The seat I ordered for my Rocket 3 GT Triple Black - cost me the best part of £1500 plus all bells and whistles / inc import tax.
A ridiculous outlay that no one forced me into - but I thought it was a safe bet with such a well established and well regarded company.

The seat welt - alignment to the backrest is completely off centre - it's absolutely crap as you can see.
I love the USA - having travelled a lot there during my 20's, but to be honest I reckon I'd have got a better job in the back streets of Deli.

In no way could I recommend this to anyone. Product poor - customer service zero. Total Disappointment.

Attachments

• IMG_7965 2.JPG
    IMG_7965 2.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 101
You shouldn't have to do it, but looking at that backrest, I reckon an upholsterer could undo the cover and move the bottom across (to the right, in the photo.)

The top seems to be in about the right place.

Better than arguing the toss across the pond.

There is a certain amount of time you can advise your credit card company you received a defective item and the company (Corbin) is not responding to your attempts to contact them or remedy the situation. The credit card company will either send you a credit, cancel their payment to the company used or advise them you're not happy and want a refund. It may be too late if it's been a few weeks but I would give it a try. Worth a try and do it ASAP. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip Mighty Mouse - originally ordered back in Feb/March then the seat was held in UK customs for several weeks before it came to me so the time limit has expired I expect.
I'll get the seat redone by someone here in due course just to tidy it up. (more cost!) but the sun's shining today - so it's eyes front and just enjoy the road.

Mine doesn't click in place. Sent them an email and haven't heard anything. It's been only few days but I'm not holding my breath.
Will probably take it somewhere to have it looked at.

There is a certain amount of time you can advise your credit card company you received a defective item and the company (Corbin) is not responding to your attempts to contact them or remedy the situation. The credit card company will either send you a credit, cancel their payment to the company used or advise them you're not happy and want a refund. It may be too late if it's been a few weeks but I would give it a try. Worth a try and do it ASAP. Good luck.:thumbsup:
My American Express advertises this feature. Fortunately, I haven't had to use it...
-MIG

Mine doesn't click in place. Sent them an email and haven't heard anything. It's been only few days but I'm not holding my breath.
Will probably take it somewhere to have it looked at.
Have you tried to extend the locking pin under the seat? Someone else mentioned this on here, and I followed their advice.
Unscrew the pin (with spanner) then use a washer or two to limit how far it can screw back in.
This worked for me.

Back