CAT Delete/TORS

Triumph's brief is to make a bike that conforms to the worldwide regulations concerning emissions and noise, There are documented power gains from triple filters with a more free flowing exhaust. Your sources are not well informed. Also the TORs tune from Triumph is way down on power compared to a tune from TuneBoy or TuneECU because they richen the mixture by partially CLOSING the secondaries in some gears.

Hmmmm I have my secondaries removed and have a custom tune via TuneECU. However if I remember correctly the tune has the secondaries 100% open all the time. Think I should put them back just to be on the safe side?

Also this 2013 with no restrictions in all gears has me scratching my head. I realize the ECU is different on the 2013 than my 2010 but can I get close to the same thing (no restrictions) using TuneECU?

Hmmmm I have my secondaries removed and have a custom tune via TuneECU. However if I remember correctly the tune has the secondaries 100% open all the time. Think I should put them back just to be on the safe side?

Also this 2013 with no restrictions in all gears has me scratching my head. I realize the ECU is different on the 2013 than my 2010 but can I get close to the same thing (no restrictions) using TuneECU?
I would think that if you have a custom tune in it then there will be no restrictions. When Triumph claim to have unleashed all the power they are only talking about the restrictions in the first three gears that they have had since 2004.

Mully,
According to my Guru (HansO) all that stuff is "tuned" out of there with a good custom tune ECU map. I was told to leave the secondaries as the Tune ECU map will deal with it. I did remove them on my V2K because the PCIII was unable to perform that function and its ECU could not be breached. Made me realize HOW MUCH we all owe those Tune ECU gentlemen.
1olbull

leave them in or take them out it ain't going to make a major difference unless you were to start mearsuing the the air flow, logic says that with them wide open but still in place you would need to have slightly slower airflow due to the air being slowed over the surface of the plates but I doubt if you would feel it with a butt dyno, so if you want max air flow rip them out if you are planning on draging every last bit of air flow but then even the shafts left behind are going to cause some distrubance in the air, I have mine out but it depends on if you want to really :rolleyes:

Thanks guys for the info.

I was thinking as complex as TuneECU is surly the restrictions in the first 3 gears could be removed.

leave them in or take them out it ain't going to make a major difference unless you were to start mearsuing the the air flow, logic says that with them wide open but still in place you would need to have slightly slower airflow due to the air being slowed over the surface of the plates but I doubt if you would feel it with a butt dyno, so if you want max air flow rip them out if you are planning on draging every last bit of air flow but then even the shafts left behind are going to cause some distrubance in the air, I have mine out but it depends on if you want to really :rolleyes:

It's kinda hard to watch them unless your on a dyno. I've read that even with them set to 100% open across the board, they still close down at low throttle openings. Then when you punch it there is a momentary lag while the servo motor opens them back up. To me that still sounds like the computer is making decisions better left to my right hand. I took mine out and there is definitely a difference coming off idle. I really enjoy lighting up the back tire from walking speed for my Harley buddies. It's much, much easier now. I've NEVER heard of anyone putting them back in if that tells you anything.
Just my .5 cents worth :)

If you install the TORS and the CAT delete does the TORS tune from Triumph make any power, or does it actually cut power? I was also wondering if Sanitune made a set of pipes/CAT delete for a standard/classic model? I didn't see anything listed on their website. A PC5 with auto-tune and tri-filters will have to wait until later

Back