CAT Delete/TORS

I like busajacks idea minus the the LED's. Can you get filters that have media on the top as well as the sides? I was under the impression that either removing, or modifing the bearclaw would be required to maximize cool airflow to the triple filters.

Can ya see the flap directly in front of the oil cap to direct hot air from the rad. downward away from the filters.
Have some fun, cut it up.
You can always go back to stock.

I've been told that there is no performance gain from installing the K&N filters. There is a reason all 3 throttle bodies are "attached" together via the same air horn. Triumph has done much testing and end result was that they all need to share the same air flow plenum.

Don't get mad at the messenger.... thoughts?

mully I dissagree when dynojet did mine they did it in stages first thing was just adding the K&Ns all three and it did gain some power then the jars and more power. If I had not seen the dyno sheets I might agree with ya but after seeing them I cant

oh and not mad just adding thoughts:p

I've been toting this around in my head for awhile and could never figure out having all 3 throttle bodies tide together would actually be beneficial over the K&Ns.
For the record I have K&Ns on my Roadster.

Anyways carry on fellows.....

I've been toting this around in my head for awhile and could never figure out having all 3 throttle bodies tide together would actually be beneficial over the K&Ns.
For the record I have K&Ns on my Roadster.

Anyways carry on fellows.....

It could be the "moving column" effect of air. If you get all the air moving in the rather long stock air filter system, as each cylinder's intake valve shuts, the remaining air which is still moving, adds a bit of "boost" to the next cylinder as it's intake valve opens. Intake tuning is almost a whole science in itself. At max rpm I would guess three K&N's would provide the most hp and torque. At lower rpm's the stock set-up may provide more power in certain ranges. It would be interesting to see side by side dyno charts of the same engine with K&N's and with stock intake ran one after another for the best comparison.

It could be the "moving column" effect of air. If you get all the air moving in the rather long stock air filter system, as each cylinder's intake valve shuts, the remaining air which is still moving, adds a bit of "boost" to the next cylinder as it's intake valve opens. Intake tuning is almost a whole science in itself. At max rpm I would guess three K&N's would provide the most hp and torque. At lower rpm's the stock set-up may provide more power in certain ranges. It would be interesting to see side by side dyno charts of the same engine with K&N's and with stock intake ran one after another for the best comparison.

Oh I should mention that it was NOT including the air intake sections going under the tank and the filter included under the seat. What it did include was all 3 throttle bodies being connected and a larger KN filter up front.... like the ones you most likely have seen before... kind of ram air type. That is the way it should be done another words.

Oh I should mention that it was NOT including the air intake sections going under the tank and the filter included under the seat. What it did include was all 3 throttle bodies being connected and a larger KN filter up front.... like the ones you most likely have seen before... kind of ram air type. That is the way it should be done another words.

Same idea. Moving column of air. Only it would be much freer flowing not having to change direction numerous times like the stock system does.

Back