Cat box Triumph replacement pipes

Freightbusters

Supercharged
Need some advice on replacing the cat box with the Triumph pipes.....keeping silencers stock and all else..

1. Can it be done?? (Triumph says only with off road exhuast system)

2. Will the 12 min tune work for the cat elimination only? or have to remap.

thanks again

Best to a safe ride!!! Remember Biketoberfest is coming!!

Freight

Do not listen to your dealer.I have seen this question 3 times in the last 3 days..Dealers want to sell you the TORs which will be illegal every where In a few years anyway.There illegal in denver already.. Again,dont listen to your dealer...Jack

Thanks mr. B!!!

I think you are saying that I can replace the cat (it will function) and don't have to replace three side exhaust..........and I understand the sound might not be that total loadness ...again I wonder if the 12 min tune can adjust for only the cat pipes and stock exhaust...

I run a Tourer exhaust with the fur ball removed. I run a 20150No-Pop tune o this bagger. That tune works for me.

The first real performance tune I did was the tossing the cat-box on the shelf. There after followed by the 12-min tune and all was MUCH improved.

Last edited:
Thanks mr. B!!!

I think you are saying that I can replace the cat (it will function) and don't have to replace three side exhaust..........and I understand the sound might not be that total loadness ...again I wonder if the 12 min tune can adjust for only the cat pipes and stock exhaust...

No, the 12 minute tune will not optimize the combination of stock mufflers plus cat bypass. There is a tune (20150) which is for stock mufflers with cat box with catalyst removed which would be close - apparently it is close now that I have read the preceding post by Her3tic. Advice: get the TOR's and cat bypass. There is a stock Trumph tune and better Tuneboy ($400) tunes for it. Why worry about a legal sounding bike when there are so many noisemakers out there?

Last edited:
Back