Castrol Rocket pilot announced.

Read the other day that weather conditions may cause Bonneville to be unsuitable for racing on this year. Talked about cancelling the whole event .. hope not. Be great to see Triumph take the record.
WE ARE NOW preparing for BONNEVILLE we are doing some major modifications and will be ready to make some record breaking runs

Just how much did ya'll have to cut off Guy Martin to get him into that seat....LOL

First time I saw Jason...I thought he was someone's rich kid that had bought him a real set of leathers. He looked about 10 yrs. old and would have a hard time to see over the fuel tank standing on the ground........Well maybe not that short but close. He was walking around in the pits with what I saw as his good looking older sister. Wrong.....she was his lady....

I knew he had a huge set on him after he had that very bad off during a tire test and got back on a bike.

I would give both of mine to drive that Rocket just one time on the salt

I have been over 200 MPH 2 times on a motorcycle........1973.......and about 6 yrs. ago........."Never rode a motorcycle that was to fast and never seen a gun that I did not like".

Guy Martin, one of my favorite racers, great attitude, great presence publicly, and one hell of a rider.

If you've not yet seen it check out his Pike's peak challenge doxumentary, shows "just" how good he is. Running the IOM is one thing when you do it year after year, but running likes peak, in the times he did at his first event is just nucking futz!!

Has anyone heard of a date scheduled yet for the "Triumph Castrol Rocket" to attempt the Land Speed Record"? I knew they postponed it last year, I believe!

That was a great run up the mountain. He did look just a bit nervous for the first 2-3 miles but that may have been not having any heat in the tires.

Daytona, Pikes Peak, and any other road race coarse is still Kids stuff.
What separates the Men from the Boys is the Isles of Man. Those guys have to be 100% Crazzzzzzy
130 to 160 mph through those town with stone walls 2 ft. off the road and houses with rock and brick steps 4 ft. off the other side of the 22ft. wide road....Yep Just pure crazzzzzy

But I love it.

That was a great run up the mountain. He did look just a bit nervous for the first 2-3 miles but that may have been not having any heat in the tires.

What separates the Men from the Boys is the Isles of Man. Those guys have to be 100% Crazzzzzzy
130 to 160 mph through those town with stone walls 2 ft. off the road and houses with rock and brick steps 4 ft. off the other side of the 22ft. wide road....Yep Just pure crazzzzzy

But I love it.
WELL the truth is the Il

But I love it.
Thats a joke youll notice the worlds best riders are not interested in racing on street courses for little money the best riders in the world go where the money is and they will not ride on the crappy unsafe tracks the idea is to ride the best and safest tracks keep healthy and live to ride another day and of course make big bucks so you can live a good life and take care of your family you cant do that racing on dangerous public roads with nothing to protect the riders if they go down thats why they have so many riders die for nothing ITS dangerous enough so the smart riders wont race on those type of street courses promoted by greedy organizers SO the best and fastest riders stay away and stay healthy and enjoy a long life with less injuries all the crazy stuff is for the dummies and you wont see any dummies racing MOTO GP they are the best tHERE IS TALK OF STOPPING THE ISLE OF MAN with the high death rate and I think I have to agree

My friend Jerry and I are taking his 904 Thruxton and ZX14 to Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials on August 27 to 31 this year. I hope it doesn't cancel again due to wet salt.

Art

I agree with you about 98% on just how dangerous the Isles of Man is. The last thing on this earth I want to see is a motorcycle crash in any form of racing. I love road racing too, I never missed a chance to watch the big boys run at VIR. My favorites were Matt M., Ben S., and of coarse Jason D.
Ben S. told me the reason he was going overseas to race after Matt retired is that " They" the greedy a--holes promoters did not want to pay him hardly anything

Passion is the main reason most M/C racers.......race motorcycles...not money. Very few gets the chance to get rich at racing. Why do so many riders run the Isle of Man..Like you said it is not the money they pay.......It PASSION
Also why does 90% of the top road racers have 2-3 inch scars on top of both forearms....is it money or passion

How much money is Guy going to get for getting into something that does not look anything like a motorcycle. Will his family get enough money to live out their lives if something goes wrong......I dang sure hope so.

I hope he breaks the world record out there and everything goes great for him and Carpenter Racing.

Yes.........I would love to get in that thing and give it H3LL.....Yes passion.........Not money

Back