Castrol Rocket pilot announced.

Art
Like you told me earlier .....THEY do something about it

With you road and drag racing all your life You would make a great advocate for safety.....Maybe you are???
You seem to have the PASSION for sure. I would love to know at any racing forum everyone would be able to go home safe and sound at the end of the day.
Look at the number of people that are hurt or killed just doing testing......without a paying audience. Get Jason D. to moon you

I was a weekend racer in the early 70's...Looking at it now I was spending money and time on M/C's that I should have spent on the wife and family. I had to sell everything to settle the divorce and get shared custody of my Son.

My skin crawls when I see a m/c racing next to an Armco barrier.... Like in the Pikes Peak Vid here.

How many people did you personally know that died on the salt flats?????......I am sure you knew some of them.

Again..... I wish for Guy to have a good safe run and reach his goals.
THE most important thing with us is the safety of the RIDERS and anything less is irresponsible and we wont stand for it our thing is stay safe OR GO HOME

Plenty of the BEST riders have ridden IOM, all are not stupid, many have lived full lives and some have died in some other race other than the IOM. Those that don't want to race it should not race it. You saying "we will not stand for it" makes me laugh. What gives you the right to stand or not stand for it is beyond me. I know you are the smartest person to have ever raced and the rest of the worlds racers should listen and obey you or "you will not stand for it" give me a break. IOM will most likely be cancelled because of guys like you, not by the guys that actually want to race it. It happens to be a pretty prestigious race to have even participated in. Many racers like the glory that goes along with that, some don't care about the glory but that doesn't make either group wrong. Your attitude of STAY SAFE OR GO HOME just makes me want to say F you, who are you, my dad.

Plenty of the BEST riders have ridden IOM, all are not stupid, many have lived full lives and some have died in some other race other than the IOM. Those that don't want to race it should not race it. You saying "we will not stand for it" makes me laugh. What gives you the right to stand or not stand for it is beyond me. I know you are the smartest person to have ever raced and the rest of the worlds racers should listen and obey you or "you will not stand for it" give me a break. IOM will most likely be cancelled because of guys like you, not by the guys that actually want to race it. It happens to be a pretty prestigious race to have even participated in. Many racers like the glory that goes along with that, some don't care about the glory but that doesn't make either group wrong. Your attitude of STAY SAFE OR GO HOME just makes me want to say F you, who are you, my dad.
THE most important thing with us is the safety of the RIDERS and anything less is irresponsible and we wont stand for it our thing is stay safe OR GO HOME
IM talking about the safety of the RIDERS on our bikes and we wont send any rider out on an unsafe bike thats going to reach speeds of 380 + mph so thats the way it is we can always come back another day and thats why we win and were all still here so stupid reckless wackos end up injured or dead and the RACERS are the ones that refuse to race on the dangerous tracks and also the ones that want them cancelled so as a result a lot of dangerous race tracks have been closed and dangerous races cancelled The riders get together and protest and there is no race without them

The riders should just not race on tracks they don't want to race on, they should not try to have it banned so that those that want to race it can't. Its a simple solution that is only complicated by some who want to impose their will on others. The IOM has been around more than 50 years, its always been dangerous, many have died. If you want to stay safe try knitting!!

The riders should just not race on tracks they don't want to race on, they should not try to have it banned so that those that want to race it can't. Its a simple solution that is only complicated by some who want to impose their will on others. The IOM has been around more than 50 years, its always been dangerous, many have died. If you want to stay safe try knitting!!
IF enough riders protest a race the races are cancelled Ive been at several races that they cancelled because of unsafe conditions and thats a normal situation that happens all the time so you dont seem to know about it so I would say you were home knitting LOL why dont you come and visit you can stay at my place and Ill take you to some of the local race tracks and we can have some serious fun WARP came by and went dragracing and had a great time SO yes come out and bring some of those big V8s in fact bring some of those super fast ones you talk about I would love to see them run and race some of our bikes just for fun or whatever you might have in mind sounds like some great summer fun to me

IF enough riders protest a race the races are cancelled Ive been at several races that they cancelled because of unsafe conditions and thats a normal situation that happens all the time so you dont seem to know about it so I would say you were home knitting LOL why dont you come and visit you can stay at my place and Ill take you to some of the local race tracks and we can have some serious fun WARP came by and went dragracing and had a great time SO yes come out and bring some of those big V8s in fact bring some of those super fast ones you talk about I would love to see them run and race some of our bikes just for fun or whatever you might have in mind sounds like some great summer fun to me

I do know about some of the riders cancelling races, just don't agree. I might just come to torture you, where do you live? I'm not a racer just a crazy ass old rider. We are making plans to ride leaving on May 8th from our house in Vegas for the Cortez Colorado area. Nothing is in stone yet. My friend who builds V8 Choppers and his wife are coming from Oklahoma to meet us. His competition is Boss Hoss so I probably won't ride mine and listen to his sh-t. I think my wife and I will take the Triumph for this ride. He is on his Harley dresser which he rides when packing his wife so I will be able to punish him at will. Do you ever come to Las Vegas for the drags? They say its one of the best strips in the US. I go once in a while but not really a big fan. I liked the flat track racing in the old days when you could get right next to the track and get dirt thrown on you if you were in the right place. Now there are fences that keep you far from the track and flat track racing isn't very popular any more. The half mile and the mile dirt tracks are all but extinct out west now.

I do know about some of the riders cancelling races, just don't agree. I might just come to torture you, where do you live? I'm not a racer just a crazy ass old rider. We are making plans to ride leaving on May 8th from our house in Vegas for the Cortez Colorado area. Nothing is in stone yet. My friend who builds V8 Choppers and his wife are coming from Oklahoma to meet us. His competition is Boss Hoss so I probably won't ride mine and listen to his sh-t. I think my wife and I will take the Triumph for this ride. He is on his Harley dresser which he rides when packing his wife so I will be able to punish him at will. Do you ever come to Las Vegas for the drags? They say its one of the best strips in the US. I go once in a while but not really a big fan. I liked the flat track racing in the old days when you could get right next to the track and get dirt thrown on you if you were in the right place. Now there are fences that keep you far from the track and flat track racing isn't very popular any more. The half mile and the mile dirt tracks are all but extinct out west now.
We have several drag strips close by but ATCO is the most fun $20 and you can grudge race all night and they have a restaurant and bar what more can ya ask for and we have a ROAD RACE track close buy if you want to run a track day or rent a GO KART and we have some great back roads up in the mountains only a half hour ride or a trip to the beach only 50 minutes away we could do a TOP ROCKET SHOOTOUT and invite everyone with a ROCKET hey we can fun if your up for it

I would love an invite to this meeting.....or to be a fly on the wall.........o_O Which ever

No way I can ride the Rocket.........But I got a some what hot F250 Ford 4x4 PSD that runs pretty good for what it is..:D:D

I'll even pay for some of the drinks:p Nothing better than 2 1/2 men telling war story's........Just PRICELESS.......PRICELESS

I might be able to steal a dang..... DECAL.....Art.:roll::roll::roll::roll:

I might could get my Son to load my Rocket, I could bring it if one of ya'll wanted to ride it.

The half mile and the mile dirt tracks are all but extinct out west now.
Dave, May 14th in AZ is not far from you brother...AMA Pro Flat Track Events
I'm here to help.

Flat tracking is one of my favorites. The last one I went to was Aug '14 here in VA at the Mega Mile in Colonial Downs by Kent, VA.

Back