Castrol Rocket pilot announced.

Art

I agree with you about 98% on just how dangerous the Isles of Man is. The last thing on this earth I want to see is a motorcycle crash in any form of racing. I love road racing too, I never missed a chance to watch the big boys run at VIR. My favorites were Matt M., Ben S., and of coarse Jason D.
Ben S. told me the reason he was going overseas to race after Matt retired is that " They" the greedy a--holes promoters did not want to pay him hardly anything

Passion is the main reason most M/C racers.......race motorcycles...not money. Very few gets the chance to get rich at racing. Why do so many riders run the Isle of Man..Like you said it is not the money they pay.......It PASSION
Also why does 90% of the top road racers have 2-3 inch scars on top of both forearms....is it money or passion

How much money is Guy going to get for getting into something that does not look anything like a motorcycle. Will his family get enough money to live out their lives if something goes wrong......I dang sure hope so.

I hope he breaks the world record out there and everything goes great for him and Carpenter Racing.

Yes.........I would love to get in that thing and give it H3LL.....Yes passion.........Not money
UNSAFE racing courses only bring grief to the unfortunate racers and their families when it all goes wrong Ive seen enough of it I raced all my life and seen too many die for nothing so Dont tell me about Passion THE most important thing is safety YOU need to be as safe as possible as we know how dangerous racing is so racing on an unsafe track is just stupid an irresponsible you dont play with peoples lives just to make money SO I think these promoters should be sued and jailed and how many have to die every year before they do something about it ? great racing is so much better when the racers dont die or suffer injury SO all the unsafe tracks should be shut down and the IOM is one of the worst so IM going to say it again the racing has to as safe as possible

Guy Martin , English Isle of Man racer will be piloting the Castrol Rocket. Keen to return the Land Speed record to the UK he reckons. He's mad enough to do it :D
THE IOM is one of the worlds deadly races with 250 deaths and 7 this past year they are working to shut it down forever and rightly so

Art
Like you told me earlier .....THEY do something about it

With you road and drag racing all your life You would make a great advocate for safety.....Maybe you are???
You seem to have the PASSION for sure. I would love to know at any racing forum everyone would be able to go home safe and sound at the end of the day.
Look at the number of people that are hurt or killed just doing testing......without a paying audience. Get Jason D. to moon you

I was a weekend racer in the early 70's...Looking at it now I was spending money and time on M/C's that I should have spent on the wife and family. I had to sell everything to settle the divorce and get shared custody of my Son.

My skin crawls when I see a m/c racing next to an Armco barrier.... Like in the Pikes Peak Vid here.

How many people did you personally know that died on the salt flats?????......I am sure you knew some of them.

Again..... I wish for Guy to have a good safe run and reach his goals.

Art
Like you told me earlier .....THEY do something about it

With you road and drag racing all your life You would make a great advocate for safety.....Maybe you are???
You seem to have the PASSION for sure. I would love to know at any racing forum everyone would be able to go home safe and sound at the end of the day.
Look at the number of people that are hurt or killed just doing testing......without a paying audience. Get Jason D. to moon you

I was a weekend racer in the early 70's...Looking at it now I was spending money and time on M/C's that I should have spent on the wife and family. I had to sell everything to settle the divorce and get shared custody of my Son.

My skin crawls when I see a m/c racing next to an Armco barrier.... Like in the Pikes Peak Vid here.

How many people did you personally know that died on the salt flats?????......I am sure you knew some of them.

Again..... I wish for Guy to have a good safe run and reach his goals.
I was street riding with a large group of wackos for years they would meet Sunday mornings for breakfast and then ride the back roads for the rest of the day they turned it into a road race session and they would crash every week after 5 of the group died over a 2 year period I decided to stop riding with those wack jobs

I'm usually ultra-leftist and thus all in favor of safety and cooperation, but - I really think road races should be allowed to continue. Everyone who participates knows full well what the consequences can be. Banning voluntary activities just because they're dangerous to the participants isn't really something I'm in favor of. If they're dangerous to society or other people, absolutely, but the TT isn't that.

Sure, there's a reason there are two motorcycle racing casualty pages on Wikipedia - general racing, ie everything else, and then a page for the TT. Which is longer than the first... But even so. People should have the right to risk their lives on a closed course if they want to without anyone forbidding it on safety grounds. If the riders want to risk it, they should be allowed to risk it.

There's a HUGE difference between random hooligans roadracing on public roads endangering others and pro riders choosing to ride the TT. They take every precaution, they train, they wear gear and they absolutely accept that they may die out there. The promoters etc aren't twisting anyone's arm, they're just arranging the race that people want to see.

Has anyone heard of a date scheduled yet for the "Triumph Castrol Rocket" to attempt the Land Speed Record"? I knew they postponed it last year, I believe!

They pretty much had to after Martin dumped the bike in Ulster and tore himself up again. The guy has nine lives.

I can see how you fit right in with a bunch of WACKOS....................Just joking:p:p

The last race I went to at VIR.
A kid saw me wearing a Rocket III tee shirt while I was walking in the back row of the pits. He was racing in the Junior Div. at VIR.
He came out from his tent pit area and asked if I had a Rocket III. I said yes.......and then he started talking about when he turned 16 he was going to get a Rocket III. You could tell from the look on his face he truly wanted that bike. He asked did I ride it up to VIR and I said ....Yes, he wanted to see it. So I went over to his parents and had them to OK him going to see my bike which was less than 75 yards away. We walked over to my bike and he was ecstatic and ask to set on it...I said sure...his feet barely touched the ground after a minute or 2.... I reached in my back pocket and put the key in the bike. I let him start it up and rev it a few times to feel the torque.
That is what I call passion.....the smile he had at that moment.

Later that day I was going to video the start of his race and the end of his race, only because I had met him. I was looking through the view finder recording the start when I saw a cloud of dust fly up, then I saw what I thought a bike slide back across the track and a kid hit it dead center. The kid that hit what was on the track went 20+ feet in the air...feet pointed to the sky and came down in the cloud dust.......
I was sick to my stomach .....I knew that the kid that went so high was hurt very bad or worse..I walked back to the pit area where he was......I saw him and felt some what relieved..He and his family were very upset when I got there.
That is when I found out what really happened......From where his family was at the start of the race they saw a kid scramble to get back to his bike across the track. When he was hit by another rider.
Later on.......I heard that one rider died and the other had multiple fractures including a pelvis.

I have never watched that tape and never will...............Racing will never be 100% safe

On a pro level, the list of deaths is actually not huge. Because, as I said, they wear gear and they have tons of runoff zones (the TT and other road races being the exception to that). Casualties in Moto GP and indeed just about any other type of racing happens when there are collisions, mostly. And those are thankfully not common. The latest death in GP was Simoncelli in 2011, and that was a collision.

Rider deaths in motorcycle racing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really think road races should be allowed to continue. Everyone who participates knows full well what the consequences can be. Banning voluntary activities just because they're dangerous to the participants isn't really something I'm in favor of. If they're dangerous to society or other people, absolutely, but the TT isn't that.

I agree with this statement 100 percent. Banning this or that by those that deem theirselves smarter than the rest doesn't go well with me. Who are they to decide what risks a man should or shouldn't take. Now its even gotten to where football is being called to dangerous. Possibly the IOM is the most dangerous but some race will always be the most dangerous so after the IOM is banned than what will be the next one. It makes me sick to hear someone want to regulate another persons passion because they claim its not safe. If you race you are aware of what can happen, you don't need someone else to decide where the line should be. I also think that motorcycle racers do it for the passion more than the money, of course everyone wants to make money but motorcycle racing only pays good for a very few, if money is the main reason for racicing then auto racing pays much better. I hung around a bunch of flat track racers in the sixties, none had money and some were famous. They lived out of their vans on the road and they all had PASSION for the whole thing. I thought they were nuts but they were a bunch of great guys.

I really think road races should be allowed to continue. Everyone who participates knows full well what the consequences can be. Banning voluntary activities just because they're dangerous to the participants isn't really something I'm in favor of. If they're dangerous to society or other people, absolutely, but the TT isn't that.

I agree with this statement 100 percent. Banning this or that by those that deem theirselves smarter than the rest doesn't go well with me. Who are they to decide what risks a man should or shouldn't take. Now its even gotten to where football is being called to dangerous. Possibly the IOM is the most dangerous but some race will always be the most dangerous so after the IOM is banned than what will be the next one. It makes me sick to hear someone want to regulate another persons passion because they claim its not safe. If you race you are aware of what can happen, you don't need someone else to decide where the line should be. I also think that motorcycle racers do it for the passion more than the money, of course everyone wants to make money but motorcycle racing only pays good for a very few, if money is the main reason for racicing then auto racing pays much better. I hung around a bunch of flat track racers in the sixties, none had money and some were famous. They lived out of their vans on the road and they all had PASSION for the whole thing. I thought they were nuts but they were a bunch of great guys.
YES thats why the best racers dont race the IOM the very best RIDE MOTOGP and thats the facts 250 RACERS have died at the IOM and thats just stupid and dangerous

Back