Castrol Rocket pilot announced.

When?
Is it at the Black Rock Desert in Gerlach, NV?

Edit: I learned it was to be at the Bonneville Salt Flats in August!

WooHoo!!!
Awesome news

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/guy-martin-land-speed-record-triumph-bonneville-400-mph/

After competing in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb last year, Guy Martin continues his pursuit of racing beyond just road race courses, with an announcement today that he will compete with Triumph for a land speed record at Bonneville.

The news sees the Lincolnshire-man aboard the Triumph Rocket III Streamliner, which is powered by two turbocharged 2.3-liter Triumph Rocket III engines that make a combined 1,000 horsepower.

Triumph and Martin hope to top the current FIM motorcycle land speed record, which is 376.363 mph, pop the 400 mph barrier, and thus bring the land speed record back to the Triumph brand, and the UK, after a 45 year absence.

Accordingly, they will take part in the speed trials held August 24-27th at Bonneville, and will be testing on the salt flats in mid-July.

castrol-rocket-23.jpg

castrol-rocket-15.jpg

(Cockpit still has former pilot Jason DiSalvo name on photos above)

And here is Guy trying it out for size :D

c7213fb2-8ebe-47ce-bc00-f44800a5ffd0.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be there at Bonneville in August for 5 days. I will be crewing for a friends team going for a Thruxton record and also a world record for a ZX14.
I was hoping the Castrol Rocket was going to be there.

Back