Bollocks - Transmission failure.

meshing.JPG
newnut.JPG

NOT TORQUED DOWN YET. Basically finger tight so the new belville is not compressed at all.

Can't turn the pump shaft by hand and rotating the crank results in a pumpette of oil. But I hate NOT knowing.[/QUOTE] if you did not have the oil pump in mesh the nut would not go on that far and the teeth on the basket gear would not be flush with the crankshaft gear. So been out of pocket for a while.

Also the alignment slot in the basket is a pry slot screw drivers good I used a taper pin punch but I'm a tool maker thats a normal tool in my box.

if you did not have the oil pump in mesh the nut would not go on that far and the teeth on the basket gear would not be flush with the crankshaft gear. So been out of pocket for a while. Also the alignment slot in the basket is a pry slot screw drivers good I used a taper pin punch but I'm a tool maker thats a normal tool in my box.
Thankee mighty clutchmaster. My punches are all parallel. Next time (!) I'll know and will tool up accordingly.

Mrs B. is not working tomorrow - so I have a brake applier for nut-torqueing;) - Must buy oil and antifreeze tomorrow.

Thankee mighty clutchmaster. My punches are all parallel. Next time (!) I'll know and will tool up accordingly.

Mrs B. is not working tomorrow - so I have a brake applier for nut-torqueing;) - Must buy oil and antifreeze tomorrow.
I just slam her up with a impact gun its splined so the object is for it not to come off which is why you stake the nut for anti rotation :) before that I used a oak dowel between the wheel spokes and the swing frame whilst in gear. Eliminated the need for a extra body.

I know that this info is to late for u
anytime we start to tear apart a new transmission we get the little camera out and take some pictures as we disassemble it just amazes me how much i can forget in 3 weeks of waiting for parts.
also it helps me to take a little die grinder and put a mark on parts as they come out. it comes in handy to be certain of the front or back. always grind in a place that wont destroy the part. hth herman

I know that this info is to late for u
anytime we start to tear apart a new transmission we get the little camera out and take some pictures as we disassemble it just amazes me how much i can forget in 3 weeks of waiting for parts. hth herman
I did take piccies - and store as removed - rather OCD. But the new nut is a bit bigger as @bigprop noticed too.

I just slam her up with a impact gun its splined so the object is for it not to come off which is why you stake the nut for anti rotation :) before that I used a oak dowel between the wheel spokes and the swing frame whilst in gear. Eliminated the need for a extra body.
Oddly I did try the wood stake solution today - but it was too skinny. Never a lump of twobyfour handy when you need it.

Tie the brake pedal down.
Why bother when I have Mrs B ready and waiting.

I did take piccies - and store as removed - rather OCD. But the new nut is a bit bigger as @bigprop noticed too.

Oddly I did try the wood stake solution today - but it was too skinny. Never a lump of twobyfour handy when you need it.

Why bother when I have Mrs B ready and waiting.

Because wood and tied down brake pedals don't talk or complain or say now thst I've helped you out you can remodel the house at your expense and you've got 2 months go...

Back