Bollocks - Transmission failure.

Sounds like the selector return spring -

i.e the one NOT broken in this photo

DSCF00032.JPG
IIRC @Nat67 had something similar.

I order one to replace that as well when the detent spring arrives
Yes I did ! What is it with Triumph springs ? :thumbsdown:

Well seems like it's my turn.
I think it's just the ruddy detent spring. I request diagnostics assistance/conformation from the iluminati.
10 miles from home - shifted up into 4th - and saw "0" on the Healtech gear indicator. Gentle throttle - no acceleration. Allowed it to slow and a gentle push on the lever and into 3rd it went, but since then pretty much any gear change except 4th to 5th results in a false neutral. A second gentle prod and it snicks in. No heavy clunks and it does not drop out once in.
Assuming this is the consensus - Any other stuff worth doing whilst I have the beastie chocked up and open it's chest?
I'd rather have all the bits and just do it than piss about.
Under 50,000kms just.
'sabastid as this a brilliant season still to ride.

So sorry for your tranny woes, Amigo.
Hope the fix goes smooth and easy for ya.

Well I have parts. No ruddy E.circlip which is a bit of a pisser.

And woe betide anybody in the EU with a weeping water pump. Factory has NO internal seal rings and will not until late December.
But otherwise we have bits and I have bolts for the @warp9.9 bolt conversion.

Well I have parts. No ruddy E.circlip which is a bit of a pisser.

And woe betide anybody in the EU with a weeping water pump. Factory has NO internal seal rings and will not until late December.
But otherwise we have bits and I have bolts for the @warp9.9 bolt conversion.

Feel your pain my friend. Took 3 weeks for my delivery to turn up and four separate deliveries and i am in the Uk. Would not worry about water pump seal rings mine all looked ok but replaced them because i had all ready ordered them but seal on water pump cover was to big so had to use original anyway.I have all ways had problems with ordering parts for the triumph when i was down in Plymouth this summer some forker nicked my oil cap[WHY] was there for three days so expressed delivery to hotel i was staying at and phoned with address.Delivered to hotel in London :banghead: If it happened once i could understand but every delivery.Anyway hope all else goes well and your back on the road soon:thumbsup:

Feel your pain my friend. Took 3 weeks for my delivery to turn up and four separate deliveries and i am in the Uk.
Now that is shyte. The remaining parts will be here next week. Will start looking at the detent spring in detail today. Want to see WHY it fails so easily. No rush - we're are getting hit by some uninviting weather at the moment. Assembly is easy. Preparation is key.

Now that is shyte. The remaining parts will be here next week. Will start looking at the detent spring in detail today. Want to see WHY it fails so easily. No rush - we're are getting hit by some uninviting weather at the moment. Assembly is easy. Preparation is key.

To me it just seems that it is a small spring doing a big job.

Spring fitted using a nice polished stainless rod.

OK - A bit of advice please
helpplease.jpg

Does this require a special tool? The hole shown seems to line up with a threaded bush in the crankcase - but it rotates. Reluctant to simply jam a screwdriver in. And HOW (clockwise or counter) does one tension the basket relative to the steel backplate ?

Spring fitted using a nice polished stainless rod.

OK - A bit of advice please
helpplease.jpg

Does this require a special tool? The hole shown seems to line up with a threaded bush in the crankcase - but it rotates. Reluctant to simply jam a screwdriver in. And HOW (clockwise or counter) does one tension the basket relative to the steel backplate ?

I used a screwdriver as mentioned in detent spring pdf. Far as i remember slight counter clockwise pressure used.

Back