Best GPS ?

My Zumo fell off onto the pavement at about 60 mph and survived!
Exterior got skinned up some, but all is still working well.
Tis a Zumo 660 and I had not completely clicked the unit into its receptor.

Not to mention they will easily overheat, quickly becoming temporarily useless.

Never experienced the overheating part and I've had mine on the bars when my ambient temperature was well over 100 in South Texas. It's an Samsung S7 in a lifeproof case and has held up through everything I've ridden the bike through

My Zumo fell off onto the pavement at about 60 mph and survived!
Exterior got skinned up some, but all is still working well.
Tis a Zumo 660 and I had not completely clicked the unit into its receptor.
Well that was Silly Steve, Luckily it was Garmin Tuff hey

My phone gets hot hanging in the car window, but never on my bike.....I run my GPS for directions and my phone is there for communication but it also runs WAZE, so I can get traffic info. I can't hear it cause I don't have it plumbed into my headset, but I can see the updates usually.

My phone gets hot hanging in the car window, but never on my bike.....I run my GPS for directions and my phone is there for communication but it also runs WAZE, so I can get traffic info. I can't hear it cause I don't have it plumbed into my headset, but I can see the updates usually.

I was recently turned on to waze. Seems far better than google maps

I dont see the need for a GPS these days if you already own a smart phone, just a good waterproof case and mount works great , google maps is awesome for navigating

I dont see the need for a GPS these days if you already own a smart phone, just a good waterproof case and mount works great , google maps is awesome for navigating

Makes planning easier on long trips with Basecamp. Try Waze if u guys have it downunder. You can report various road hazards as do other drivers...like cops and speed traps. Kinda nice to have someone in front of you scope out the coppers :D

Never experienced the overheating part and I've had mine on the bars when my ambient temperature was well over 100 in South Texas. It's an Samsung S7 in a lifeproof case and has held up through everything I've ridden the bike through

Maybe its worse in the car because I have inadvertently left mine (iPhone) on the dash and it would shut down saying it was overheated. After a while when it cooled down it would work. Whatever the reason I keep mine in my bag not wanting to take any chances. I can always use it through my Sena if need be.:)

I thought the same for the longest but am coming around to the GPS camp. Cell phone service is and can be spotty and then you have nothing. GPS is not like that.

Last edited:
Back