Dedicated Motorcycle GPS

I have the Garmin Zumo 395 LM it has has lifetime free map updates and the ability with the optional valve cap type tyre sensors to keep an eye on your tyres, I still check my tyres regularly but it will alert if suddenly you start loosing pressure and all the feature it does have are useful for riding, while it does not have all the bells and whistles of the no longer available 660, I actually don't want music or blue tooth phone answering, I ride to get away from that all that day to day crap, the only music I listen to is the beautiful note of the Staintune mufflers .. all three of them, I have a really good cardio blue tooth set up sitting at home which I took out of my helmet and only put it in so to talk to Ann on trips, I didn't even bother to put it in before this last trip as I got sick of the distraction

First GPS was an elcheapo from Aldi it was hopeless ended up acidently on purposely bumping it out of its cheesy mount at 110 km while in front of a truck then I tried the smart phone trick complete with charger and found it near impossible to read in the sun shone anywhere near it not mentio one time the phone shut down due to overheating in the direct sun, I will stick my Garmin

First GPS was an elcheapo from Aldi it was hopeless ended up acidently on purposely bumping it out of its cheesy mount at 110 km while in front of a truck then I tried the smart phone trick complete with charger and found it near impossible to read in the sun shone anywhere near it not mentio one time the phone shut down due to overheating in the direct sun, I will stick my Garmin

I hear ya. I keep my phone in my bag in front of me not wanting to look at it a lot. Dangerous just like texting and driving. I can listen thru bluetooth but that b*tch annoys you after a bit!

When I stop for gas (frequently on a Rocket) then I look at things. Each of us has our own ways of doing things, no right or wrong. Just ride safe.

Ok, so I'm the Anti-Tech D/A here. After the trip to 3 sisters I decided I need to come outa the ice age & get a GPS mounted. I like what ya'll said bout the Nuvi, low thrills, cheap... Yep - me.
Here's the Dumb a$$ Question: looking on flea bay I see they have 1 or 2 hour battery life - Do they not hard wire into the bike also?

Ok, so I'm the Anti-Tech D/A here. After the trip to 3 sisters I decided I need to come outa the ice age & get a GPS mounted. I like what ya'll said bout the Nuvi, low thrills, cheap... Yep - me.
Here's the Dumb a$$ Question: looking on flea bay I see they have 1 or 2 hour battery life - Do they not hard wire into the bike also?

Do you have a battery tender plug coming off your battery?

I made up a two pin connector that plugs in to my battery tender lead and terminates in a 3 place, 12 volt cigarette lighter connection. GPS, Ipod and phone all plug in inside my tank bag.

I made up a two pin connector that plugs in to my battery tender lead and terminates in a 3 place, 12 volt cigarette lighter connection. GPS, Ipod and phone all plug in inside my tank bag.

That's where I was going when I asked @EastTex if he had that lead because you can buy one already made up with the cigarette lighter female and that just plugs in on Amazon for about 10 bucks.

That's where I was going when I asked @EastTex if he had that lead because you can buy one already made up with the cigarette lighter female and that just plugs in on Amazon for about 10 bucks.

Ok, thanks fellers! :thumbsup:

The Garmin Zumo comes with a hardware kit so you simply clip in the GPS to it mount and it is automatically connected to power and if you follow thier suggestion as I did you wire it to a Infiniti on wire so when stop and turn of ignition it counts down 10 or 15 seconds( can't remember) then turns of but gives you the option to keep it on, so of course when you come back to bike and turn on the ignition it come on again and it also has a suction cup mount with cig lighter plug if you want use in the car but plugs in to a mini USB socket on the back under a whether proof rubber cover

Back