Dedicated Motorcycle GPS

I have been using a Garmin Zumo 660 since 2010. The mount and connections are solid, has a nice 3.5inch out for headphones, can also sync to Bluetooth headsets. Can connect to phone bluetooth and let you answer/make calls via the GPS unit as long as you have a Bluetooth set or an earphone and mic attached to the unit.
Maps are good, plenty of (ahem) ways of getting updated maps. Unit build quality looks solid. Has been through rain and shine and no problem. Has a nice clip out for the unit where I can detach it when stopped at servos etc.
Screen is easy to read under sunlight. Has built in MP3 player. Easy to use wearing gloves. Easy to add POI and plot routes. Has a manual Fuel gauge which is handy. When the fuel gauge detects you are low in fuel, it will show you nearby fuel stops. Has emergency thingy which directs you to nearest SOS services. Has lane view, lane assist, speed cam and live traffic monitoring.
Has a track back feature....you start from some point, go anywhere you want, click track back, and it will guide you back to where you started. Perfect for discovering new routes :)

Oh and it comes along with a car mount. So I have my normal and topo maps loaded to the GPS. When am not riding, and going camping, I use the same gps in my car and start driving :)

I have been using a Garmin Zumo 660 since 2010. The mount and connections are solid, has a nice 3.5inch out for headphones, can also sync to Bluetooth headsets. Can connect to phone bluetooth and let you answer/make calls via the GPS unit as long as you have a Bluetooth set or an earphone and mic attached to the unit.
Maps are good, plenty of (ahem) ways of getting updated maps. Unit build quality looks solid. Has been through rain and shine and no problem. Has a nice clip out for the unit where I can detach it when stopped at servos etc.
Screen is easy to read under sunlight. Has built in MP3 player. Easy to use wearing gloves. Easy to add POI and plot routes. Has a manual Fuel gauge which is handy. When the fuel gauge detects you are low in fuel, it will show you nearby fuel stops. Has emergency thingy which directs you to nearest SOS services. Has lane view, lane assist, speed cam and live traffic monitoring.
Has a track back feature....you start from some point, go anywhere you want, click track back, and it will guide you back to where you started. Perfect for discovering new routes :)

Oh and it comes along with a car mount. So I have my normal and topo maps loaded to the GPS. When am not riding, and going camping, I use the same gps in my car and start driving :)
I too have a Garmin, can't add to your review as its spot on.

I use a Garmin Nuvi inside of a weather proof mount. It is far less expensive and has lasted for almost 3 years now without any issues. The mount and case it resides in keeps the rain off it and the cover is finger sensitive so I can change screens on the fly.
I will proclaim this the best setup but it is functional. The case at times in hard to action around the edges and corners. But, the Nuvi can pull double duty inside the cage whenever I need it there.

We all might be going @Boog 's route since map apps on smart phones are killing the navigator market.

I too have the Zumo 660 -- now discontinued.

The problem with using maps in your phone, is that depending on what you use to charge the phone, your battery may dwindle faster than the phone can be charged! I occasionally use Waze on my bike, but find it's a loosing battle. My Garmin Nuvi is my usual GPS.

I always install Garmin Nuvi's on my bikes because they are dirt cheap, there are literally hundreds for sale on the used market like Kijiji or Ebay... like $100 bucks. If one breaks, get another. I've used the same nuvi's on my cars and bikes for YEARS before they even show slight problems.

Now if you want full weather/shock protection you need to get a Garmin Zumo designed for bikers, but they are really expensive. I had a 660 on my ST1300 and it was "ok" it was severely outdated compared to the new ones out now.

Ok...here's the anti GPS post. Had a Garmin Zumo 550. Nothing but problems with it. Customer service at Garmin horrible. When they wanted $150 to fix a known problem I said "f*ck it, chuck it" and will never buy one again. Now I use the built in GPS on my smartphone and have a charger on my bike. I don't know how Garmin and Tom Tom and all the rest survive when everyone has a free GPS in their smartphones.

Back