Motorcycle Dash Cam

GoPro is not built for continuous operation like dash cam should. 4k stream is an pretty much overkill of tech for this purpose plus it introduces a lot of problems as e.g. amount of data to process perpetually, computing power, storage, interconnections etc. Dash cam needs proper power supply first of all. Cooling, vibration resistance.. motorcycles are electrically "dirty". GoPro is completely disconnected from motorcycle. ON PURPOSE.

Interested to see how well this fits, and works for you. Especially in the long term..I've gone through a couple cameras. I assume it's powered from a switched source i.e. records on loop while the ignition is on?

There are two power source options on this unit that I thought was quite unique. It comes with two cables, the traditional power cable that converts 12v to 5v connected to a switched power source or it comes with a USB power cable so that you can run it off a battery pack if you wish.

Yes loop recording as soon as you start the bike.. ends when power is off.. set it and forget it. You choose loop lengths of 1 to 5 min. Also comes with a small remote that can be placed somewhere near your switches on the handlebars. Push the button and is stores a photo and 15 seconds of video, I think it’s 5 sec before and 10 seconds after.

Last edited:
Those are the Triumph accessory foglights

FOG LAMP KIT
Up to VIN 237540 A9738042
From VIN 237541 A9738110

Requires Front End Fixing Kit A9738051 the same onea used for fly-screen and large scaeens and can be fitted in combination with screens.

upload_2019-3-10_11-11-5.png

These are heavy metal deeply chromed. I have a chrome set which have been roadrashed, repaired and and are ready for a black powdercoat or any other colour my little heart desires! Green Toad's eyes for the 'Flamin Toad' maybe.;):D:eek:

They came with the world's ugliest plastic but functional dual switch housing for 1" bars that despite it appearance is stock factory and the switches inside are high quality. It has markings and mounts for 2 old fashioned steel toggle switches one for fog/auxiliary lights and the other marked for heated grips but obviously can be used for any two devices you like. One switch for foglights is 2 pin power and earth while the heated grip switch is 3 pins and wires presumably including a a switched ignition source.

The switch block attaches to the stock bars next to the brake reservoir and the switches actually end up under the brake reservoir and close to your RH thumb.

I have still to acquire / find the relay harness etc but will delve into that and am sure simple aftermarket relay, wiring and connector replacements will be cheaper and easy to source anyway.

Last edited:
13A83501-2EBE-446E-91DF-64599AA9414C.jpeg 0FFC0C51-F81E-44A0-9E57-4BDE3A97058B.jpeg 515DCDD0-BDA7-4168-BB5F-1189E1E93C85.jpeg
Installed and ready to go. The instructions are lacking but do give you enough information to figure everything out. One point to note, it doesn’t tell you which camera connection is the front. The GREEN connector is for the front camera, the BLACK is for the rear. Lots of cabling so that you shouldn’t have any issues deciding where you want to put everything. I connected the power source to my distribution block and tested the on..off functions. Works great, starts recording shortly after ignition is turned on and obviously stops recording shortly after ignition is off.
I mounted the GPS antena just behind the wind screen and the remote button just under the front brake reservoir.

Rear camera I mounted under the rear signal lamp housing. I modified the bracket that the system came with so that I could use the bolt that holds the housing in place.
C1FAB6E3-2EB3-4A33-9D56-E0CBE8A5F746.jpeg

Front camera I installed under the front headlight bucket using 3M tape. Not sure if I’m totally sold on that location. I may Fab up a small bracket that I can use on the bolt that secures the horn in place.
BBEFCE76-67F2-4D87-B08F-AA31CE4F2474.jpeg

Next step is to take it out for a spin and record some video and take some photos using the remote.

Next the App..very easy to use and a much better way to set up your DVR. When it asked for the micro SD card it refers to it as the TF card. Insert your card, go to settings and select format. It will indicate that the card was removed then re-inserted. It doesn’t give you a confirmation that the card has been formatted, don’t worry, it was. After that set up the settings and forget about it. One thing I did notice is that the first time I turned the unit on it did not start recording automatically. You need to hit the record button in the app or on the DVR and don’t stop recording, just turn off the ignition.

4758099B-39E7-431B-9342-ED95CFC51C6B.jpeg 2FABF23A-32A2-49EE-888D-17D1A7311A5C.jpeg 93B7AB66-79D4-4FB6-80B4-030F89EF7E70.jpeg AAF34FD5-57E5-432A-A94A-1079D41B8882.jpeg
On the DVR tab of the app, select the HaloCam wifi connection and then go back into the app and you will see the live recording. Once connected in the app you can easily download all photos and videos to your mobile device.

The components seem well made, the cameras are solid. The DVR seems a little cheap but as I have it stored under the seat I’m not to concerned about it. The DVR is not waterproof but does come with a handy little silicone sleeve. All other components are waterproof.

I’ll give another update as soon as I get some video.

Cheers

Attachments

• 7352ED2A-0A91-4423-821E-5CFA772192AF.jpeg
    7352ED2A-0A91-4423-821E-5CFA772192AF.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 5
I mounted the GPS antena just behind the wind screen and the remote button just under the front brake reservoir.
A word of caution with the GPS function.

These have been used in the past to provide proof of speed infractions .
It's why my current Blackbox Dashcams (car and bike) do NOT have GPS. :whitstling:

A word of caution with the GPS function.

These have been used in the past to provide proof of speed infractions .
It's why my current Blackbox Dashcams (car and bike) do NOT have GPS. :whitstling:

Agreed... only an issue if ya want to speed, then if ya get caught just smile and pay..

Back