Innovv K-2 Dash Cam

Ok guys...I am not finished with the install yet as things seem to keep getting in my way, but here are a few pics of where I am right now.

Front Camera.JPG

Front Camera is mounted to GPS bracket and GPS antenna is mounted to dash. Both behind the windscreen for bug protection.

DSC_0008.JPG

Record / Wireless button mounted to a fabricated stainless steel bracket mounted to the bar risers

So far the system looks pretty good, but I haven't been able to use it in anger yet. The cameras are Sony and the box is a proprietary to Viofo. Here is what came out of the box...

Out of the box.JPG

Dave...I will probably use a GoPro as well along the way. I am primarily setting this camera system up because I am a forgetful f#ck and I am planning a Pan American ride that I would like to have at least SOME video of. When I was using the GoPro last I would continually forget to turn it on, etc, get frustrated and then just chuck the whole mess to the side and ride my bike.

Dave...I will probably use a GoPro as well along the way. I am primarily setting this camera system up because I am a forgetful f#ck and I am planning a Pan American ride that I would like to have at least SOME video of. When I was using the GoPro last I would continually forget to turn it on, etc, get frustrated and then just chuck the whole mess to the side and ride my bike.

There are wireless remotes for the Go Pro similar to the switch you have installed there. I don't have one, but thinking about it (not too $$$) because I'm not always sure if I'm actually rolling or not.

Your trip sounds awesome- send, ah, video ;)

Last edited:
Conceptually - the Viofo and K2 are VERY different to a GoPro. I have "Black-box" cams fitted to my R3 - never review footage (though I do occasionally check to make sure it is loop recording). I simply cannot be bothered with riding video. I still remember what I see. Usually it's sort of grey with long white dotted lines.

Just like in Key West. :D

I do have an update on this little project...the system is up and running and I used it for a quick run into town. Smartphone app works great and the resolution on the cameras is pretty good. I have no idea how to upload video to this sight tho...

I do have an update on this little project...the system is up and running and I used it for a quick run into town. Smartphone app works great and the resolution on the cameras is pretty good. I have no idea how to upload video to this sight tho...
You have to put it on YouTube or something similar, then embed the link.

Back