Dedicated Motorcycle GPS

The Garmin Zumo comes with a hardware kit so you simply clip in the GPS to it mount and it is automatically connected to power and if you follow thier suggestion as I did you wire it to a Infiniti on wire so when stop and turn of ignition it counts down 10 or 15 seconds( can't remember) then turns of but gives you the option to keep it on, so of course when you come back to bike and turn on the ignition it come on again and it also has a suction cup mount with cig lighter plug if you want use in the car but plugs in to a mini USB socket on the back under a whether proof rubber cover

Thanks for that info HansO :D

I also have a Zumo 660. 2 full years of use (rain and shine) without a problem. Communicates well with my Sena 20S. I've uploaded music and a few books (Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, etc) which makes long solo runs more manageable. Didn't get the 665 which has a FM receiver because the Sena has one.

Oh, the screen on my 660 is 4.3 inches, not 3.5. Picked mine up as they were being discontinued for $495 Canadian at GPS Central in Alberta which was an excellent deal.

When I get on my bike for a run time stops. The last run I made was from V.A. to OK. It was only supposed to take three days. Two weeks later I showed up. Kind of a flakey bastard. Got sidetracked and lost. Really need to make another run since it has been about 15 years. I could really use a little time off for bad behavior if you know what I mean. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D i THINK DAVID ALLAN COLE SAID IT BEST:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
NO CELL PHONE OR GPS Just a sleeping bag and a toothbrush.

Last edited:
In my case sinking cash into cheap electronics not fit for purpose usually results wasted money. Mine get left in the rain, dropped, smashed in tue bottom of a saddlebag, etc. The cheaper units rarely stand up to this abuse. If you are one of those diligent types that is meticuluous in your preparation for and recovery from riding then you may well get away with the cheaper stuff. However, if you are anything like me you would be money ahead to buy fit for purpose gear. Just my $0.02

When I get on my bike for a run time stops. The last run I made was from V.A. to OK. It was only supposed to take three days. Two weeks later I showed up. Kind of a flakey bastard. Got sidetracked and lost. Really need to make another run since it has been about 15 years. I could really use a little time off for bad behavior if you know what I mean. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D i THINK DAVID ALLAN COLE SAID IT BEST:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
NO CELL PHONE OR GPS Just a sleeping bag and a toothbrush.

Envy that ;)

In my case sinking cash into cheap electronics not fit for purpose usually results wasted money. Mine get left in the rain, dropped, smashed in tue bottom of a saddlebag, etc. The cheaper units rarely stand up to this abuse. If you are one of those diligent types that is meticuluous in your preparation for and recovery from riding then you may well get away with the cheaper stuff. However, if you are anything like me you would be money ahead to buy fit for purpose gear. Just my $0.02

Ha ha, great point..... Yea, I b the meticulous OCD phreek :rolleyes:

Back