Anybody lowered floorboards?

It would seem that raising the front and back shocks 1 inch, then lowering the boards an inch, would give the you the same lean angle as stock while giving you a little extra leg room. I'd also suggest cruising pegs to stretch your legs out too. I tend to leave my feet on the pegs a lot, shifting, and using the rear brake with my heels.
Thanks. Excellent suggestion. I think I can make it work. I have a friend who is an expert welder and he could remake the mounts easily. I probably would not even chrome them, just powder coat.

@ DodahMan + 1 on what the Resident CoonAss suggested. I originally was trying to figure out a way to lower the boards on mine. Tall guy with bad knees. Wound up getting a set of highway pegs that clamp on the front crash bars until I could figure out how to drop the boards. Going on 5 years and 50K miles and the boards are still stock. With a little bit of trial and error you can get them positioned so ya can put your heels in front of the shifter and brake and yer toes on the pegs. Works slicker than deer guts on a door knob.
Thanks buddy. Want something different and am sure my next bike will be my last. I lusted for a Triumph Bonnie in my teens (when I was a Steve McQueen sized person) but after college, just too expensive. I bought a Yamaha 650 special and put 125,000 miles on it riding across country and up to Alaska and back to SC. Took me eight months. My azz had callouses but the bike never failed me! I have owned Harley's, Yamahas, a Suzuki (bad azz gs1150e) and a couple Honda's, but never a Triumph. I think it is time.

OK. This post is going to get cut and scraped. Obviously you have never attended a Rocket run. Some of these folks on there big awkward Rockets can ride corners like there is no tomorrow. I myself still learning but given the clearance of a ROCKET in the turns is building my confidence and allowing me to become a even better rider. I guess if did not push the limits I would be satisfied with inferior brand of bike but that is not the case. The rider position on the ROCKET X is outstanding. Comfortable but allows you to control the bike. Not for everybody but very rewarding for those of us that like to watch the Jap bikes in are rear view mirrors as they realize that they have been not only out done but crushed into shame as they scrape there boards. Bottom line. THE BIGGEST AND THE BEST ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST A EXCUSE. That is OK I still like the way the Jap bikes have done their front ends. Don't know much about the rest of the bike because that is all i see in my mirrors.:eek::eek::eek::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3:

OK. This post is going to get cut and scraped. Obviously you have never attended a Rocket run. Some of these folks on there big awkward Rockets can ride corners like there is no tomorrow. I myself still learning but given the clearance of a ROCKET in the turns is building my confidence and allowing me to become a even better rider. I guess if did not push the limits I would be satisfied with inferior brand of bike but that is not the case. The rider position on the ROCKET X is outstanding. Comfortable but allows you to control the bike. Not for everybody but very rewarding for those of us that like to watch the *** bikes in are rear view mirrors as they realize that they have been not only out done but crushed into shame as they scrape there boards. Bottom line. THE BIGGEST AND THE BEST ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST A EXCUSE. That is OK I still like the way the *** bikes have done their front ends. Don't know much about the rest of the bike because that is all i see in my mirrors.:eek::eek::eek::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3::x3:
Ok. Ok. . . . I get it. You love the Rocket and are passionate about the bike but you can not defy the laws of physics. Please, get real here. The Rocket is a massive machine and any Yamaha or Honda 650 would torch it on the dragon. Heck, the Rocket can't touch a one liter Ducati in ANY situation. I say simply enjoy what you ride but understand it's limitations. Rest assured, many a fellow is sleeping in the grave because they simply refused to acknowledge their "limitations". The Rocket has limitations just as any machine. Exceed them at your peril. I have seen the monuments to excess on the dragon, it ain't pretty. I have been to too many funerals. Pulled a friend from underneath a car once who was trying in vain to keep up with me on a terrible Yamaha seca 650. Know your limitations. Know your bikes limitations and you will live IF you act accordingly.

Ok. Ok. . . . I get it. You love the Rocket and are passionate about the bike but you can not defy the laws of physics. Please, get real here. The Rocket is a massive machine and any Yamaha or Honda 650 would torch it on the dragon. Heck, the Rocket can't touch a one liter Ducati in ANY situation. I say simply enjoy what you ride but understand it's limitations. Rest assured, many a fellow is sleeping in the grave because they simply refused to acknowledge their "limitations". The Rocket has limitations just as any machine. Exceed them at your peril. I have seen the monuments to excess on the dragon, it ain't pretty. I have been to too many funerals. Pulled a friend from underneath a car once who was trying in vain to keep up with me on a terrible Yamaha seca 650. Know your limitations. Know your bikes limitations and you will live IF you act accordingly.

Perhaps true only on the Dragon, as there are not many straights and speed is held down pretty low by the 318 curves in 11 miles. :D
When comparing the handling abilities of motorcycles, do not discount the largest variable - the rider!

Maybe it's your limitations that is the problem.The R3T can out handle many different bikes and no it's not a ****** rocket ,but still corners rather well !

What ya need is a bone saw ) take a little out of each leg. :)
Oh and might I suggest you take it out between your knees and hips that way when you done your bloody kidney wiper might hang below your knees :D

Maybe it's your limitations that is the problem.The R3T can out handle many different bikes and no it's not a ****** rocket ,but still corners rather well !
I can only take your word for it but the machine is simply huge. Hard to imagine a 1000lb machine and rider carving it up.

Back