Anybody lowered floorboards?

On spirited rides I scrape the boards occasionally also had a Roadliner that was worse yet

IF you lose it on the dragon...you don't ride enough on curvy roads...or you are going too fast.

It would seem that raising the front and back shocks 1 inch, then lowering the boards an inch, would give the you the same lean angle as stock while giving you a little extra leg room. I'd also suggest cruising pegs to stretch your legs out too. I tend to leave my feet on the pegs a lot, shifting, and using the rear brake with my heels.

@ DodahMan + 1 on what the Resident CoonAss suggested. I originally was trying to figure out a way to lower the boards on mine. Tall guy with bad knees. Wound up getting a set of highway pegs that clamp on the front crash bars until I could figure out how to drop the boards. Going on 5 years and 50K miles and the boards are still stock. With a little bit of trial and error you can get them positioned so ya can put your heels in front of the shifter and brake and yer toes on the pegs. Works slicker than deer guts on a door knob.

Back