Airbox removal (not just snorkel/air duct)

Anomaly

.060 Over
Ride
2015 R3T
Has anyone removed the airbox/air filter housing?

I installed the Ramair filter, yet would like to eliminate the airbox so I can install a second battery in it's place.

Has anyone removed the airbox/air filter housing?

I installed the Ramair filter, yet would like to eliminate the airbox so I can install a second battery in it's place.
well a lithium batt , will fit inside the box so why bother

well a lithium batt , will fit inside the box so why bother

Because lithium batteries won't meet my needs. Lithium batteries work well for short duration high amperage draws (ie. Ignition) they do not perform well for low to moderate average draw for extended durations. My intent is to increase my total aH capacity since I utilize LED accent lights, heated gear, and HID auxiliary driving lights.

Lithium battery size is ideal, but unfortunately they don't perform well for what I require.

The problem with removing the box is that there is a bunch of stuff attached to it. You will have to fabricated some mounting systems for it all. Another option may be to remove the side of the box next to your current battery, and then put a larger single battery in, rotated 90 degrees from the OEM battery position. You should be able to get a pretty hefty car battery in there that would do all you want.

The problem with removing the box is that there is a bunch of stuff attached to it. You will have to fabricated some mounting systems for it all. Another option may be to remove the side of the box next to your current battery, and then put a larger single battery in, rotated 90 degrees from the OEM battery position. You should be able to get a pretty hefty car battery in there that would do all you want.
That's what I was thinking. Get a car battery in there.

Because lithium batteries won't meet my needs. Lithium batteries work well for short duration high amperage draws (ie. Ignition) they do not perform well for low to moderate average draw for extended durations. My intent is to increase my total aH capacity since I utilize LED accent lights, heated gear, and HID auxiliary driving lights.

Lithium battery size is ideal, but unfortunately they don't perform well for what I require.

understood the car batt mentioned is a good solution. I found cutting the sides of the batt box was a pain and removing it was also a major pain so I used a dremel tool to cut the top opening from oval to square to make it larger and cut off all the bottom edges sticking out to hold the filter in place so I now can carry better tools AND a lithium bat starter just in case ,AND a six pack of beer( just the pic)

Back