K1200LT R3T

.020 Over
Ride
'09 RIII T
Does anyone know if the chrome cover fits on the Mahle oil filter? Other threads indicate that Wix is the go to, but I can't find one available.

No idea, mine got rusty, so I took it off years ago. I've used about every brand imaginable, I usually go with the ones a little longer, anyway, often there's 2 sizes, one short (stock length) and a premium version.

No idea, mine got rusty, so I took it off years ago. I've used about every brand imaginable, I usually go with the ones a little longer, anyway, often there's 2 sizes, one short (stock length) and a premium version.
Thanks Tripps. My chrome cover is like new so I will want to retain it for this riding season at least.

All I can tell you is I can't recall anyone here saying the cover didn't fit any particular brand in the 12 years I've been on here, I bet it will.

I don't use Fram or Wix. Bosch, Purolator or Mobile 1 test out much better, I got off on a tangent once and researched a bunch of oils and filters. If I can Google it up, there's excellent articles on both on California Scientific site. BTW, good taste in bikes, I have a Touring too, and a K1200, but a GT

I don't use Fram or Wix. Bosch, Purolator or Mobile 1 test out much better, I got off on a tangent once and researched a bunch of oils and filters. If I can Google it up, there's excellent articles on both on California Scientific site. BTW, good taste in bikes, I have a Touring too, and a K1200, but a GT

Thanks again. Do you have the part numbers for the ones you recommended?

Funnily enough, I'm in my barn, and due to a recent move, recently discovered my old stockpile that I lost track of, how's this for a selection?🤣
The Purolator is a longer one, cover fits but not all the way , a stripe shows around the base, Bosch and Mobile are stock length.
20220321_210917.jpg

PS: California Scientific site has a chart for just about any bike, with part numbers for the various brands, good page to bookmark or print out.
Oh, and make sure you look at filter before you buy, these I've had a while, I remember seeing a thread that some, or one manufacturers changed theirs, threaded part should be concave, not domed. Someone encountered a problem with one brand where it was convex and wouldn't screw on far enough for rubber to seal. Should be recessed about a quarter inch from seal.

20220321_212839.jpg

Last edited:
Back