Just got Lucky (With TORS, don't be dirty..)

kazjim

.020 Over
Ride
'07 Riii Touring
Chasing down an exhaust leak on my '07/8 Touring - getitng it ready for it's registration inspection, and spotted this

Already found an under-seat K&N filter, and now, I found a set of TORS!
Yay!

Next up, make sure it has the correct tune, and away we go :)

(Any hints on how to make the TORs sound a bit better? on my Sprint RS, I just took the bung out of the end . . . guess I wont be so lucky here?)

IMG_6932.jpeg

When I had my TORS on my 2005 Classic there wasn't anything that you could do with them, except enjoy them ;)

I gotta say, now that I've solved the sealing leak, it sounds a LOT better, a lot less like a steam train at idle :p

There is still a bit of 'sewing machine' sound there, but definitely more rumble and depth to it.
I heard some of the tools on the rack jingling slightly, so . . . yep, they'll do.

Next, tune.
I've bought TuneECU before the price rise, now waiting for an Android device to arrive :)
(I've got a win 10 laptop, but . . . Android appears to be the preferred these days for this

Forget Windows as you will not have all the functionality of Android - I tried to get Win11 to talk to my GT but none of the maps would load (perfect in Android though)
Get your arm muscles tuned up before you get the TuneECU map installed - the difference is amazing and you will need to hang on tight!

Forget Windows as you will not have all the functionality of Android - I tried to get Win11 to talk to my GT but all of the maps wouldn't load (perfect in Android though)
Get your arm muscles tuned up before you get the TuneECU map installed - the difference is amazing and you will need to hang on tight!

Well, my total seat time on this beastie is about 8 mins - jsut enough to check that everything worked.
I bought this as a crashed wreck - and have been building it up over the last month.

This is what the previous owner sent me after he had his little 'off' in peak hour traffic.
I've replaced basically everything from the steering head forward, and now doing the final bits for registration.
Tyre is getting popped onto the rim tomorrow morning and still waiting for a new radiator to be delivered (I've got one here, but it has a pinhole, so will send that for repair when the new one arrives.

Not even given it more than about 1/8 throttle yet . . but I'm sure we will get there :p
I think i'll leave the current tune in place until it's registered and i've got a few klm under me - then I"ll drop the tune on and see how it goes - who knows, it might already be tuned to suit the pipes and filter....

358162355_3484832915137685_5412567369666711233_n.jpg

Lookin good, a suggestion you may already be aware of, before riding you may want to get your tune ecu going and connected, save the tune that’s already in the bike, then check sensors and codes , clear any, and fire that baby up and check your map pressures when she warms, ive read some of your other threads about your tps and stepper settings so youre on it evidently, good luck with the start up, what thread are you sharing that on i dont wanna miss the video.

Lookin good, a suggestion you may already be aware of, before riding you may want to get your tune ecu going and connected, save the tune that’s already in the bike, then check sensors and codes , clear any, and fire that baby up and check your map pressures when she warms, ive read some of your other threads about your tps and stepper settings so youre on it evidently, good luck with the start up, what thread are you sharing that on i dont wanna miss the video.

Thanks Kevin, not me I think, not posted anything about stepper motors or TPS . . .

Already started a few times, even been out for a short ride to test with the old leaky radiator :p
Will try to get a video of the first real ride on the weekend.

Back